Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going crazy....................

Going crazy....................

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:43 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going crazy....................

Aaaah. Waiting for the bloody phone to ring to see if I've got the job. Waited all last week and I finally phoned today. Said they would call back later today.

Supposed to be saving the champagne we won last week for such an occassion, but so stressed that I've drunk it all!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:55 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going crazy....................

Originally posted by Pookin
Aaaah. Waiting for the bloody phone to ring to see if I've got the job. Waited all last week and I finally phoned today. Said they would call back later today.

Supposed to be saving the champagne we won last week for such an occassion, but so stressed that I've drunk it all!
have you heard yet? Hope you get it!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Got everything crossed for you.

Di
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:08 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

holding my thumbs for you, it is an awful situation to depend on some person, isn't it?. i know how you feel, did that one year ago, after coming back home from scarborough. where do you live there?
we lived in ramsdale street, i think it is now in another suburb as the borders have changed.
good luck

barbara
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:21 am
Be true to your skew

Originally posted by bawi
hi

holding my thumbs for you, it is an awful situation to depend on some person, isn't it?. i know how you feel, did that one year ago, after coming back home from scarborough. where do you live there?
we lived in ramsdale street, i think it is now in another suburb as the borders have changed.
good luck

barbara
Cheers for the support, guys.

Living in Stanley Street (2 back from beach).

Ramsdale Street is in Doubleview now.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:27 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the support, guys.

Living in Stanley Street (2 back from beach).

Ramsdale Street is in Doubleview now.

Pookin, were you affected by the drag race in Scarborough at the weekend. I saw it on the news.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:31 am
Be true to your skew

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Pookin, were you affected by the drag race in Scarborough at the weekend. I saw it on the news.
Hi Jirrupin

News to me - was it Saturday night - in Wanneroo then. What happened?
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:57 am
Good to be back in UK

Hi Jirrupin

News to me - was it Saturday night - in Wanneroo then. What happened?
I am not sure where/when I was't paying too much attention to it until I heard the numbers. Something like 600 people and two hundred cars and they had poured oil on the road/car park to make it more slippy.

When police arrived the cars had gone, left behind lots of empty beer cans etc. Police said that was usual for a sunday afternoon.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I read a similar thing on Saturday, not sure where it was though but it was in repsonse to those 2 young girls that got killed in a car supposedly drag racing near/on Leach Highway.

Di
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:06 am
Good to be back in UK

4.20 Haven't they rung yet!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:51 am
Be true to your skew

4.20 Haven't they rung yet!!!
No they bloody haven't. Finally gave up and went to the pub. Getting a bit rude now, I think - WA....wait awhile!.

Aaah well, day out at the Melbourne Cup in Perth tomorrow so I shall win my fortune at the races.

Also get to wear my new hat - really stylish - $5 from Good Sammys with a 50c flower from Big W!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:45 am
Good to be back in UK

No they bloody haven't. Finally gave up and went to the pub. Getting a bit rude now, I think - WA....wait awhile!.

Aaah well, day out at the Melbourne Cup in Perth tomorrow so I shall win my fortune at the races.

Also get to wear my new hat - really stylish - $5 from Good Sammys with a 50c flower from Big W!
The thing I do find most disheartening, is that nearly all of the positions we applied for didn't have the courteousy to get back to us. There is a job I applied for in the first week of arriving and it has been advertised every week since.

Hope you enjoy the races and are luckier there than you have been on the jobhunt.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 10:40 am
Be true to your skew

The thing I do find most disheartening, is that nearly all of the positions we applied for didn't have the courteousy to get back to us. There is a job I applied for in the first week of arriving and it has been advertised every week since.

Hope you enjoy the races and are luckier there than you have been on the jobhunt.
Know what you mean.

Finally got a call, no job. Had a feeling from what they said that the 'preferred candidate', as they say, may have been working there for a few days and calling me was an afterthought.

Now flooding the temp market and have a lot of interviews next week.

Never thought that it would take so long to get a job. On all my travels, it has never taken so long before.

So used to every job in the UK that I apply for sending a courteousy response either 'yeh' or 'neh'.

Guys, forget it here.

ROUND-UP:

LOVE IT, BUT IT AIN'T EASY!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 1:23 pm
Good to be back in UK

Know what you mean.

Finally got a call, no job. Had a feeling from what they said that the 'preferred candidate', as they say, may have been working there for a few days and calling me was an afterthought.

Now flooding the temp market and have a lot of interviews next week.

Never thought that it would take so long to get a job. On all my travels, it has never taken so long before.

So used to every job in the UK that I apply for sending a courteousy response either 'yeh' or 'neh'.

Guys, forget it here.

ROUND-UP:

LOVE IT, BUT IT AIN'T EASY!
Well they just don't know what their missing

Good luck with the interviews next week, keep us informed of your progress. I am hoping something will come along for me with the busy christmas/summer season looming.

GIZZA JOB
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. Hope something comes along for you soon.