Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to university...

[QUOTE=Rudi]
Originally Posted by iPom
Nope, the Australian open universities.
http://www.open.edu.au/wps/portal
QUOTE]

DUH!!!! Should have read this before I replied to you PM!!! Sorry!

Rudi
x
S'all right... I sent a reply anyway. Hels will be fuming by now.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:12 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

So can I get a Commonwealth assisted place?
yes you can get one. Not certain to get it but you can get one. If you dont then you are paying the same , more or less, as a overseas student
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by seang
yes you can get one. Not certain to get it but you can get one. If you dont then you are paying the same , more or less, as a overseas student
Thanks Seang. Does that mean then the Gvt doesn't do commonwealth assisted places on all courses? Is there a list I can find somewhere?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:45 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really want to mention it on here. The reason I'm going back is so that I can take a few modules to then qualify for a very specific training course. I may not pass the interview and tests to get on said course, so I really don't want to jinx myself here and now. If I get onto the course, I shall certainly let you know.

Mate, its ok. I was just teasing. I am sure you have your reasons and its all good. Good luck with it all, will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes to plan for you.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Mate, its ok. I was just teasing.

I know that. Thanks... we'll see.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:42 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Seang. Does that mean then the Gvt doesn't do commonwealth assisted places on all courses? Is there a list I can find somewhere?
I believe the course will state if it has commonwealth supported places in its prospectus but yes nearly all course are supported. However thats the problem - there are commonwealth supported places.
These are a set number of places on the courses for those that get commonwealth support (for which you apply). There is , obviously, a demand for such places. So while you should get one (and are entitled to apply for such a place under you visa subclass) demand may outweigh supply (ha a use for me economics classes in school). In that case you can still get a place but as I mentioned you pay top dollar (also non supported places usually are lower points to gain entry).
So while courses are commonwealth supported it does not mean that you will get commonwealth support just coz your on the course. (but usually you will get it to be honest but not guaranteed). Hope this makes sense

Last edited by seang; Nov 19th 2006 at 8:44 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Hope this makes sense

Perfectly. Thank you.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:01 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the course will state if it has commonwealth supported places in its prospectus but yes nearly all course are supported. However thats the problem - there are commonwealth supported places.
These are a set number of places on the courses for those that get commonwealth support (for which you apply). There is , obviously, a demand for such places. So while you should get one (and are entitled to apply for such a place under you visa subclass) demand may outweigh supply (ha a use for me economics classes in school). In that case you can still get a place but as I mentioned you pay top dollar (also non supported places usually are lower points to gain entry).
So while courses are commonwealth supported it does not mean that you will get commonwealth support just coz your on the course. (but usually you will get it to be honest but not guaranteed). Hope this makes sense

Your English is coming along nicely!! Still a little way to go, but you must be proud of your progress!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:12 pm
small steps long journey

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Your English is coming along nicely!! Still a little way to go, but you must be proud of your progress!!
yes!!!1!! I have been going to learning english for beginners level 1 classes. In fairness it was not initially to learn english but to meet all the asian chicks. Looks like it has worked on two levels......
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

yes!!!1!! I have been going to learning english for beginners level 1 classes. In fairness it was not initially to learn english but to meet all the asian chicks. Looks like it has worked on two levels......

KER-CHING!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

I didn't realise there was an Oz OU. I had to bomb out of my last course that would have given me honours as we received our visa in July and had to start work in August. I will look into the courses.

Thanks

Debs
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:05 pm

Nah, I was just trying to be nice....