Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going back to UK for xmas should I have registered baby with commission???

Going back to UK for xmas should I have registered baby with commission???

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Going back to UK for xmas should I have registered baby with commission???

Hi Sorry this sounds weird but my daughter Ashtyn is now 17 mths old and is our third child. She was born in australia. We are now going back to uk for xmas and I need to renew 2nd childs passport as was only valid for 5 years and need to get one for Ashtyn. Looking at the forms it says that child should be registered etc....what should I have done to register her as a British Citizen.
What do i need to do before applying for passport....starting to panic now.
Thanks
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Going back to UK for xmas should I have registered baby with commission???

Hi
Is anyone able to help.....anyone had a little aussie? What did you do as we cant leave her behind hehe
Cheers
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back to UK for xmas should I have registered baby with commission???

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi Sorry this sounds weird but my daughter Ashtyn is now 17 mths old and is our third child. She was born in australia. We are now going back to uk for xmas and I need to renew 2nd childs passport as was only valid for 5 years and need to get one for Ashtyn. Looking at the forms it says that child should be registered etc....what should I have done to register her as a British Citizen.
She is a British citizen already if you were born or naturalised in the UK - were you? No need to register in that case, just get a passport.

Has she got an Australian passport?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

Thanks
Irene
Are you a PR?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
Yes we are both british citizens born in the uk and we are both permanent residents here. We will apply for citizenship in October but cant wait till then to apply. I read the form on the website and it said something about children being registered with the consulate we havent notified anyone other than getting her aussie birth certificate.
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Yes we are both british citizens born in the uk and we are both permanent residents here. We will apply for citizenship in October but cant wait till then to apply. I read the form on the website and it said something about children being registered with the consulate we havent notified anyone other than getting her aussie birth certificate.
Irene
Once again. You were reading the wrong form. If you were born in the UK then your child is automatically British. Just apply for a passport.
http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=46

As your child is also an Australian citizen (assuming you were permanent residents when she was born - were you?), she needs:

1. A certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf (fee of A$55); and

2. An Australian passport:
http://www.passports.gov.au
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jaj
thanks for your replies does she need to have an australian passport now as well as a uk one. I was thinking that it would be easier for her to have a uk one as we will all go through same checkin at heathrow etc. Also why does she need a certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship isnt her birth certificate sufficent? Sorry if im sounding stupid but thought it would be same as applying in uk 2 pics, birth certificate and marriage certificate. Its starting to sound more complicated now....
Thanks for help and replies its appreciated
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

Hi Jaj
thanks for your replies does she need to have an australian passport now as well as a uk one. I was thinking that it would be easier for her to have a uk one as we will all go through same checkin at heathrow etc. Also why does she need a certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship isnt her birth certificate sufficent? Sorry if im sounding stupid but thought it would be same as applying in uk 2 pics, birth certificate and marriage certificate. Its starting to sound more complicated now....
Irene
You dont have to get an Aussie passport for her, although I have been told that you can skip the long queue at immigration if your baby has the aussie one, dont know how true it is though as have never tried it.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also im going back to the uk at xmas with a 4 month old she isnt born yet
im going to get her aussie passport and take her to and back on that i will get her british one at a later date just think its easier that way.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaj
Irene
If she is Australian she needs to travel on an Australian passport - as Jeremy said above
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Our little girl was born in Oz in Feb.

She and I are currently in Uk on our hols. As Mr P and I are now citizens, she was automatically Aussie, and we applied for 2 passports for her.
By doing this at least we did not have to worry about visas etc. Oz passport only took a week to be issued. UK one took almost 6 weeks- but we were not in a hurry for it.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Can I ask why did you apply for both passports isnt that an unnecessary expense? thats why I thought about getting a uk one so didnt need a visa and also quick check in. Did you get a certificate of evidence of australian citizenship or does getting the passport waive this? Sorry again for asking so many questions I just want to get on top of this soon so I can stop panicking.
Thanks Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Originally Posted by JAJ
Once again. You were reading the wrong form. If you were born in the UK then your child is automatically British. Just apply for a passport.
http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=46

As your child is also an Australian citizen (assuming you were permanent residents when she was born - were you?), she needs:

1. A certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf (fee of A$55); and

Yes we were Permanent residents when we arrived in aus in Oct 2005.

2. An Australian passport:
http://www.passports.gov.au
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Originally Posted by kez81
Im also im going back to the uk at xmas with a 4 month old she isnt born yet
im going to get her aussie passport and take her to and back on that i will get her british one at a later date just think its easier that way.

Congratulations and will you need to apply for a british visa for her to enter the UK?
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hi Jaj
thanks for your replies does she need to have an australian passport now as well as a uk one. I was thinking that it would be easier for her to have a uk one as we will all go through same checkin at heathrow etc.
She should have both.

Also why does she need a certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship isnt her birth certificate sufficent?
Because her birth certificate does not prove she is an Australian citizen and if you don't do as suggested, she might have serious problems proving her citizenship later on. (especially if it needs to be done in a hurry).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.