Going Back!!!

Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

ken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura about
Default Going Back!!!

HI THERE,
WE'VE BEEN LIVING HERE IN MELBOURNE NOW FOR 2 YEARS AND WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE UK FOR A MONTH. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO COMPARE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE LIFESTYLE.
WILL IT MAKE US WANT TO LIVE BACK IN ENGLAND OR NOT?. " I DON'T THINK IT WILL, BUT IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO FIND OUT". WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back!!!

Originally Posted by ken-6
HI THERE,
WE'VE BEEN LIVING HERE IN MELBOURNE NOW FOR 2 YEARS AND WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE UK FOR A MONTH. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO COMPARE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE LIFESTYLE.
WILL IT MAKE US WANT TO LIVE BACK IN ENGLAND OR NOT?. " I DON'T THINK IT WILL, BUT IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO FIND OUT". WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS?

Probably somethings will have changed, some will be the same. But just wanted to say have a good trip, and bring lots of jumpers cos it's a bit cold here
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

HI THERE,
My Sister and BIL came back for a visit after being away for about 8 years, BIL visited his old local Pub, Same people sitting at the same tables talking the same crap. An old school mate said to him haven't seen you for a while, he couldn't believe he'd been away so long, Exactly the same thing happened 3 years later same people in the same spot in the same pub similar topic of conversation, Not a thing had changed. It definitely convinced them they made the right decision to move in the first place. Enjoy your visit and i bet you can't wait to get back on the plane.

John
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

ken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura aboutken-6 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks,
We Are Looking Forward To Seeing Everyone Again. So That Will Be Nice And Yes I Will Pack Some Woollies.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:09 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
My Sister and BIL came back for a visit after being away for about 8 years, BIL visited his old local Pub, Same people sitting at the same tables talking the same crap. An old school mate said to him haven't seen you for a while, he couldn't believe he'd been away so long, Exactly the same thing happened 3 years later same people in the same spot in the same pub similar topic of conversation, Not a thing had changed. It definitely convinced them they made the right decision to move in the first place. Enjoy your visit and i bet you can't wait to get back on the plane.

John
It may seem unusual but there's a strange sense of comfort in that scenario. Some would find it very appealing and reassuring.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
It may seem unusual but there's a strange sense of comfort in that scenario. Some would find it very appealing and reassuring.

Yes maybe, But not me though

John
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I Know What You Mean. It Will Be That Everyone You Talk To Says " Yeah I Would Like To Do That" But That's As Far As It Gets.
It Does Take Some Gut's To Sell Everything Up And It's Hard At The Start, As We Can Vouch For That. But It's Worth It In The End.
We Now Have A Great Life, Nice House Sausage Dog And All !!!!
So Yeah, I Think It Will Be Good To See People, But Great To Get Back.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I think that anyone who even seriously contemplates emmigration are not, (or shouldn't be) the type of people who want the comfort zone thing. It's a recipe for disaster IMHO.

It takes a certain type of person who can embrace change, challange and have a general "what will be will be" attitude to be able to relocate half way around the world.

Anyone who wants to stay in the comfort zone really shouldn't be going and I don't think they would even get to the lets look into it stage

Again just my opinion
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Yes maybe, But not me though

John
Nor me mate! I had a similar thing. I worked in the same pub through college for three years, doing lots of shifts, got to know all the locals. Went back about eight years later, having graduated, travelled extensively through Europe and the Americas and started my career as a journalist - and guess what, some arseholes and barflys standing in the same place, drinking the same shit beer making the same sexist and racist comments - as far as I could tell only the fruit machine had changed. I think I'd rather curl and die than be like them.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

I Agree,
I Spent A Year Backpacking Around The World And I Met My Now Wife In Tasmania Of All Places And She Is English. She Lived About 25 Miles From My House, It's A Small World.

We Got Married And Thought What Do We Do. Setup Home Here Or Emigrate To Oz, As We Both Loved The Life Out Here. So We Thought Well If In Ten Years We Didn't Do It Your Always Wondering What If? So Here We Are With No Regrets At All.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nor me mate! I had a similar thing. I worked in the same pub through college for three years, doing lots of shifts, got to know all the locals. Went back about eight years later, having graduated, travelled extensively through Europe and the Americas and started my career as a journalist - and guess what, some arseholes and barflys standing in the same place, drinking the same shit beer making the same sexist and racist comments - as far as I could tell only the fruit machine had changed. I think I'd rather curl and die than be like them.
Hutch youv'e met my Dad and my FIL then

John
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:17 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

HI THERE,
will you want to move back????????mmmmmmmm, its cold here always raining only get summer for 2 weeks a year too cold at night to chill out in the back garden when you get in from work, I could go on and on, no me don't think you'll want to come back for good enjoy your visit though
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ken-6]

mmm interesting, but can I ask you if there is something you have missed in the UK that you maybe looking forward to
Angela