Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going To Australia

Going To Australia

Old Jun 13th 2003, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

andi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going To Australia

am from India and have been granted Skilled Independent Visa w.e.f May 2003. I will be visiting Australia (Melbourne) in July End
with my wife.

I am a Chartered Accountant having post qualification experience of 5 Years.

As I am new to Australia, request anybody to help me out and tell me more about Melbourne.
Also if possible guide me how I can find good job, and a suitable
(Not Costly) accomodation in Australia.

Also Is my wife eligible to work in Australia, her points are not added with me while granting Visa to me.

Thanks in Advance.

Your Freind
Old Jun 13th 2003, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.movingdownunder.co.uk for job agencys, accommodation, local newspapers etc. All will help in your search

Good Luck
Old Jun 13th 2003, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going To Australia

Originally posted by andi
am from India and have been granted Skilled Independent Visa w.e.f May 2003. I will be visiting Australia (Melbourne) in July End
with my wife.

As I am new to Australia, request anybody to help me out and tell me more about Melbourne.
Also if possible guide me how I can find good job, and a suitable
(Not Costly) accomodation in Australia.

Also Is my wife eligible to work in Australia, her points are not added with me while granting Visa to me.

Thanks in Advance.

Your Freind
Old Jun 13th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going To Australia

Hi

A note of caution:
I've been searching for work in accountancy in Melbourne since arriving here at the end of April with no luck. The market's very quiet to say the least!!. This is worring as its close to year end and therefore this is the peak time!.

There seems to be too many accountants going for too few jobs.

But you may have more success them me!.
Good luck

rajj
Old Jun 13th 2003, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

nickielora is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be visiting Australia (Melbourne) in 20/6/2003. Staying in cheap accomodation, I intend to sharing with some uni student less than $100 p/w near Monash Uni campus.

there's plenty of work here in Melbourne, but it does depend on what work you are looking for.

If you have time, check out the link below, which is part of The Age, our largest newspaper, which has heaps of jobs on offer every Saturday.
http://www.theage.com.au click on the left, on "jobs" (under the heading "classifieds"), and then search for the kind of work you are looking for.

Hope this has helped.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Try: www.visitvictoria.com