Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go walk about Travel Insurance

Go walk about Travel Insurance

Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:34 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Go walk about Travel Insurance

Hi all, just wanted to let you know I booked our Travel Insurance online yesterday afternoon with Go walk about.........and couldn't fault them, brilliant service. Then got up this morning and documents already here!!!

Thanks to everyone who recommended them, our premium to travel one way to Aus, myself, hubby daughter 19 and daughter 5 came to £120. My other daughters return insurance was £24 covering 32 days.....Brilliant I thought.

Cheers then, Dawn
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go walk about Travel Insurance

Nice one Dawn.

There are other companies a bit cheaper but hardly any of them cover you once you get to Australia.

If I remember correctly your cover will be for 17 days after landing and that is normally the time it takes Medicare to kick in.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:18 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, yes your right it does cover for 17 days and they were very efficient too
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all, just wanted to let you know I booked our Travel Insurance online yesterday afternoon with Go walk about.........and couldn't fault them, brilliant service. Then got up this morning and documents already here!!!

Thanks to everyone who recommended them, our premium to travel one way to Aus, myself, hubby daughter 19 and daughter 5 came to £120. My other daughters return insurance was £24 covering 32 days.....Brilliant I thought.

Cheers then, Dawn
We booked with them any they seemed great, then we found out that the insurance only cover items to a max of £500 and our lappie was brand new @ £1000, we then cancelled and went with the post office, gopod luck with your move !
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:21 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Yes I suppose there not for everyone but suited us........Post Office seem to be doing good deals on various things at the mo, all the best
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:30 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
We booked with them any they seemed great, then we found out that the insurance only cover items to a max of £500 and our lappie was brand new @ £1000, we then cancelled and went with the post office, gopod luck with your move !
We did not have any item of more than £500 in value but the expensive items like cameras we carried as cabin luggage so the risk of damage was minimal.

To be honest our concern was more in covering the health of the family until medical cover started in Aus.

I think the post office cover ends more or less when you land so that means there is no cover for about 16 days.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
We did not have any item of more than £500 in value but the expensive items like cameras we carried as cabin luggage so the risk of damage was minimal.

To be honest our concern was more in covering the health of the family until medical cover started in Aus.

I think the post office cover ends more or less when you land so that means there is no cover for about 16 days.
We bought a special insurance with the post office which also covered 16 days after landing, the only reason we cancelled walkabout was that they wanted nearly double the fee :scared: for uping single items to a grand
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by tabby
We bought a special insurance with the post office which also covered 16 days after landing, the only reason we cancelled walkabout was that they wanted nearly double the fee :scared: for uping single items to a grand
Thanks for clarifying that T