Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go to Uni or move straight away?

Go to Uni or move straight away?

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:31 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go to Uni or move straight away?

Originally Posted by callumum354
I understand that im not going to be able to permanently move with 2 years bar experience. I also understand i'll have to get that RSA ive heard its fairly easy to do although it does cost. What i was saying is do you think if I came over on a WHV applying for bar work would be my best bet.
The replies you have had, and all good advice, reading between the lines you can do.
Think this, ' what do I get in not going to uni first.What do I get by WHV and working
behind a bar' .You went there when you had a school exchange, so a small feeling
of the good and nice things you have observed.

Now think this, '2 years in uni to learn a subject, I could use for a WHV, or to help in
a project or short praticum, plus 2 extra years of life experience.At 19-20 I can drive,
at 19-20 I can say yes or no, and know why, and afford to buy the rounds.
Or if inclined do a gap year and work and I mean work on an aussi farm.

While at Uni get a job as a barman, its cheaper than paying to go out at night, and
the entertainment and jokes are free. Hey and you get to meet more girls, also
its an easy way to meet an aussi barmen in the UK.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go to Uni or move straight away?

Originally Posted by callumum354
I understand that im not going to be able to permanently move with 2 years bar experience. I also understand i'll have to get that RSA ive heard its fairly easy to do although it does cost. What i was saying is do you think if I came over on a WHV applying for bar work would be my best bet.
WHV workers have to be flexible but bar work would be a reasonable starting point. You will have to go home at the end of your visa of course so don't see this as a pathway into permanency - you don't have a skill that's in demand.