Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

go slow on the house

go slow on the house

Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default go slow on the house

well since we applied and everything was all exciting i have been frantic in decorating it but the last two weeks excitment has waned and i have stopped, all of it done except one half of the front room, this might be because i got p**** and decided to put the border up, well a big pot plant will cover the lopsidedness of it

i need some enthusiam to finish it, any enthusiastic vibes would be greatly appreciated

arlene
having her first drink in weeks (2 to be exact)
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: go slow on the house

Originally posted by arlene
well since we applied and everything was all exciting i have been frantic in decorating it but the last two weeks excitment has waned and i have stopped, all of it done except one half of the front room, this might be because i got p**** and decided to put the border up, well a big pot plant will cover the lopsidedness of it

i need some enthusiam to finish it, any enthusiastic vibes would be greatly appreciated

arlene
having her first drink in weeks (2 to be exact)
Well done on what you've done so far mate, not long to go now! us on the other hand have to repaint and recarpet our bedroom, carpet the hallway, lay floor tiles in bathroom, turf the garden and finish the patio all before xmas so we can put it up for sale after! so think of us when you finish your lounge!
take care rach, and enjoy the drink!

Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach have got a great funny thing to send you, will send it if you are not too easily offended

let me know
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:11 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

if it makes you feel any better (not too good on vibes at the mo) I still havnt finished decorating the living room from LAST DECEMBER!!! very lazy of me i know, but by the time i have got the kids off to bed im too knackered (and the bit I didnt finish is bang opposite me chair!!)

get going girl!!!!!!!

Sue
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach have got a great funny thing to send you, will send it if you are not too easily offended

let me know
Me easily offended????!!!! my 19 year old unmarried daughter has just told me she is 7 weeks pregnant by a lad she isn't seeing anymore, now if that doesnt' offend me nothing will!
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
if it makes you feel any better (not too good on vibes at the mo) I still havnt finished decorating the living room from LAST DECEMBER!!! very lazy of me i know, but by the time i have got the kids off to bed im too knackered (and the bit I didnt finish is bang opposite me chair!!)

get going girl!!!!!!!

Sue

sue im now looking at the topsy turvey border, des keeps making remarks about it but i say its a feature of the house

arlene
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:14 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Arlene,
bgo girl

Have a go tomorrow and enjoy another beer.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:18 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
Arlene,
bgo girl

Have a go tomorrow and enjoy another beer.

Bye
Markeh

LOL!!
Have to agree with markeh on this one - so what if its wonky!!
have another beer (Im on my 5th)!!!
Just think, this time next year you will be looking at a different border thinking 'that one I put up in the uk was far wonkier'

sue
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach have sent you a pm

arlene
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:24 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi tiredwithtwins,

I imagine arlene will be looking at a nice sunset.

Serious though, no power tools if you've been drinking. Leve them with the kids.
Oh hang on if arlene a nurse, so she would be ok.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Me easily offended????!!!! my 19 year old unmarried daughter has just told me she is 7 weeks pregnant by a lad she isn't seeing anymore, now if that doesnt' offend me nothing will!

i know this isnothing in comparison (grandma ) but ry has just revealed that he went into the back of a car on his scooter and now the bloke wants £1000 (yes you read right) to mend it, ry is only 3rd party trying to string it out before we go so he can go and whistle for it, dont mind paying for the bumper but the rest b******s to that

arlene
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

i know this isnothing in comparison (grandma ) but ry has just revealed that he went into the back of a car on his scooter and now the bloke wants £1000 (yes you read right) to mend it, ry is only 3rd party trying to string it out before we go so he can go and whistle for it, dont mind paying for the bumper but the rest b******s to that

arlene
actually its nanny! not grandma
will Ry's insurance not cough up, surely if he's third party it will pay for the damage to the car but not Ry's scooter?!
hope you get it sorted, at least you can, mine's for life!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene
i've tried to email you but it won't go, keeps coming back?!
rach
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by nosuchluck
i've tried to email you but it won't go, keeps coming back?!
rach

just like my cheques
Old Nov 29th 2003, 9:44 pm
Happy Daddy

Hiya nosuchluck,

yep you are spot on.
Arlene tell the bloke to take it up with his insurance company.

Bye
Markeh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.