British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Go Matilda e-time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/go-matilda-e-time-277961/)

BlackRain Jan 16th 2005 8:03 pm

Go Matilda e-time

Just getting started for Australia, wife is a nurse and we have points needed but lack confidence so looking for an agent. Go Matilda is recommended by many people but we are appalled at how much time Mr Collett spends on the internet. Will our hard earned money pay for his e-time giving free advice to others?? Has Mr Collett actually managed anyones case personally or does he pass it over to other staff.

Has anyone used an Aussie based agent who actually telephones you rather than rely totally on e-mail??

Sandy.l Jan 16th 2005 8:10 pm

Re: Go Matilda e-time

Originally Posted by BlackRain
Just getting started for Australia, wife is a nurse and we have points needed but lack confidence so looking for an agent. Go Matilda is recommended by many people but we are appalled at how much time Mr Collett spends on the internet. Will our hard earned money pay for his e-time giving free advice to others?? Has Mr Collett actually managed anyones case personally or does he pass it over to other staff.

Has anyone used an Aussie based agent who actually telephones you rather than rely totally on e-mail??

Well, there are a few new residents of Australia thanks to our nice & friendly Mr Collett. I would take that as a good recommendation. How he does his communication shouldn't matter, so long as you get the result you want. We have always received courteous replies, both email & phone from GM, and are confident of the advice we have been given so far. As you rightly point out Alan is generous with his advice, why complain about that?

I had a flashback to the argument sketch from Monty Python then!

Sandy :)

DollyDaydream Jan 16th 2005 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Well, there are a few new residents of Australia thanks to our nice & friendly Mr Collett. I would take that as a good recommendation. How he does his communication shouldn't matter, so long as you get the result you want. We have always received courteous replies, both email & phone from GM, and are confident of the advice we have been given so far. As you rightly point out Alan is generous with his advice, why complain about that?

I had a flashback to the argument sketch from Monty Python then!

Sandy :)

Excuse me but is this the right room for an argument? ;)

.....oops sorry, that must be next door!

D D

Pollyana Jan 16th 2005 8:37 pm

Unless he is actually giving you poor service because of it, surely its none of your twaddling business how much time he spends on the internet! Presumably you do not have a contract giving you exclusive 24 hour control over his actions........ :D

And as you obviously are anti-free advice, I assume you aren't expecting anyone here to give you any hints at any point?

eintracht Jan 16th 2005 8:58 pm

Tell me thats a joke post please !!!!

bondipom Jan 16th 2005 9:09 pm

What is appalling about his e-time? As long as his company offers you good service why do you care what he does on the net? It is his time.

Alans reputation has only been enhanced by the advice offered here and I am baffled at to what you are complaining about.

Sandy.l Jan 16th 2005 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Excuse me but is this the right room for an argument? ;)

.....oops sorry, that must be next door!

D D

I've told you once. ;)

Alan Collett Jan 16th 2005 9:23 pm

The only person who arguably has the right to moan about the time I spent on the internet is my wife! I have also heard that some other migration agents have an issue with the time I put into these discussion forums - but in my view that's their problem, not mine ...

You should be assured to know that I have a very competent and able team of experienced consultants in the UK and in Australia (http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ourpeople) who prepare and manage the migration process for our clients, and I am (generally) available to deal with emails from clients and enquirers as and when they arise. I'm not aware of this having been a problem with clients ... if you would like to discuss your concerns send me an email with your telephone number and I'll be pleased to call you. Or you can call me, on +61 3 9686 5580.

Best regards.

JohnAndNetta Jan 16th 2005 9:50 pm

Hi BlackRain,

Have to admit having had the same thoughts, but having appointed Alan for some financial advice some time ago, and pestering him relentlessly with many questions, he always replied personally (albeit via email) and within very quick timescales, and when he wasn't able to respond immediately, he advised you of this, and responded as soon as he was able. I don't recall seeing anyone complaining about Collett & co. Wish we had used this agent for OUR application, but we hadn't heard of britishexpats at the time so we went for a no win no fee option (with a mara registered agent) rather then recommendations. This wasn't the best approach, I can assure you. From all the comments I've seen, I feel confident that we would have had better service with Collett (or some others also recommended on this site). But this is just my personal opinion.

Regards
Netta

Professional Princess Jan 16th 2005 10:42 pm

Im sorry Alan, but you know me well enough to know I will reply to this one!

BlackRain, In my opinion, I think it's great that Alan is available for internet queries.

Just because he is online, it doesnt mean he is not doing his job. He is answering questions as and when he can and thank god he does.

Because there are plenty of people out there willing to exploit some Expat members and their lack of knowledge in the migration process.

After attending Australia Expo a while ago and filling in what I thought was an info leaflet, I was contacted by someone wanting to give me financial advice and offering to be my agent, despite telling him I had one.

He was extremely unprofessional in his approach.

But others may have believed this guy and could have made a massive financial error.

People starting the migration process do need professional advice and I can say with total honesty, thats what you get with Go Matilda.

Alan is not the only agent around and you need to find a company that suits you.

But in my opinion, I think if anyone can get my husband Abdel and I into Australia, he can.

Bordy Jan 17th 2005 3:08 am

Well that was some first post.
Maybe Black Rain should choose an agent that desn't have an internet connection, that should be fun.
I personally think its a troll trying to have a wind up.

vickeyvixen Jan 17th 2005 3:55 am

Hiya

We used Go Matilda for both our recent skills assessment and visa application. We found Allan and his team to be first class and very professional at all times. If he had a query it was always answered promptly and yes mainly by email but in this day and age I don't see that as a problem. If it hadn't been for the hard work and commitment from the GM team we would not have had such a postive result.

I'm sure GM can do without custom from people who dare to question thier professionlism.

One very happy GM customer !!

VickeyVixen

moneypenny20 Jan 17th 2005 9:19 am

If you want to start being woken up at silly o'clock by your agent saying "received the info, thanks" that's up to you but not many other people would want that. Presumably you want him to stay in his office till midnight just waiting to speak to you.

Get a grip.

The Druid Jan 17th 2005 10:44 am

Alan and the team at Go-Matilda get my vote.

Have you tried communicating personally with Aus from the UK given the huge time difference, thank the boffins for e-mail !!

tiredwithtwins Jan 17th 2005 11:05 am

In the (nearly) 2 years i have been on here i dont think i have EVER heard a bad word said about alan and his colleagues - and they give loads of advice when most would give a yes or no response!!!

think its a troll who posted the original post.........hey, why dont we ask the mods to change this threads title to 'go-matilda appreciation society'?? :D ;)

i for one would go with them if i needed an agent - always been very helpful with me!

sue :D