Go Lions!!!!!

Old Sep 20th 2003, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Go Lions!!!!!

WAHAY!!

Absolutelybloodymarvelous, my boys have done it again,third consecutive grand final,damn it they're good!!!!
Should be a fab final against the pies and can't wait to renew my season ticket for 2004 at the Gabba.

Fi

Brisvegas Dec

"We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroon,blue and gold
We will always fight for victory
Like Fitzroy and Bears of old
All for one and one for all
We will answer to the call
Go Lions,Brisbane Lions
We'll kick the winning score
You'll hear a mighty ROAR"
Old Sep 20th 2003, 3:07 pm
WBB

Default Re: Go Lions!!!!!

Originally posted by weefi
WAHAY!!

Absolutelybloodymarvelous, my boys have done it again,third consecutive grand final,damn it they're good!!!!
Should be a fab final against the pies and can't wait to renew my season ticket for 2004 at the Gabba.

Fi

Brisvegas Dec

"We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroon,blue and gold
We will always fight for victory
Like Fitzroy and Bears of old
All for one and one for all
We will answer to the call
Go Lions,Brisbane Lions
We'll kick the winning score
You'll hear a mighty ROAR"

pies???

what sport is this???

rugby?

Old Sep 20th 2003, 3:07 pm
WBB

by the way cardiff for the premiership next season

Old Sep 20th 2003, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
by the way cardiff for the premiership next season
The next best thing to rugby(of the union kind). Get yourself to the Gabba and you'll understand!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 3:30 pm
WBB

The next best thing to rugby(of the union kind). Get yourself to the Gabba and you'll understand!!!!!!!!!!

and i thought the gabba was a cricket ground

Old Sep 20th 2003, 5:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst other things...like rugby and footie (Aussie Rules) - though they are not quite so gentile so theres a less romantic air about the place!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
Amongst other things...like rugby and footie (Aussie Rules) - though they are not quite so gentile so theres a less romantic air about the place!

Not sure about that one Pollyanna,I come over quite romantic when I watch those finely tuned athletes clambering over each other on the ground!!!!

Fi
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know what you mean Fi, its those tight shorts and skimpy shirts that footie players wear! droooollllll! Don't tell the Bloke, I told him he has to take me to a Rules match so I can learn the - er - rules!
Got to come clean though - that post about romance was a dig at Brisbanebrummie, who if I remember rightly (through a haze of wine) met his good lady at an Ashes test at the Gabba last November. I was at the same match with my Bloke, and he was so overcome by the whole occasion that he took me home afterwards and asked me to marry him.......ah sweet!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, I know what you mean Fi, its those tight shorts and skimpy shirts that footie players wear! droooollllll! Don't tell the Bloke, I told him he has to take me to a Rules match so I can learn the - er - rules!
Got to come clean though - that post about romance was a dig at Brisbanebrummie, who if I remember rightly (through a haze of wine) met his good lady at an Ashes test at the Gabba last November. I was at the same match with my Bloke, and he was so overcome by the whole occasion that he took me home afterwards and asked me to marry him.......ah sweet!

AAhhh,bless him. Can't imagine someone getting so emotional watching cricket,or was it the cool refreshments and the sun that did it?
The kit does add to the attraction of Aussie rules but of course I go for the skill and complexities of the game!!
I turned into a bit of a Lions stalker going to after match barbies etc with the lads and was fortunate enough to work in the hospital they game to with their groin strains etc Get me back there quick!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Now I'd never thought of that - could be a career change coming up here! I had a mate in Tassie who used to play Aussie Rules, he had a standing arrangement with his mum for her to pick him up from the Emergency dept at Hobart hospital 3 hours after the game - cos he knew he'd be there every single week! Everything from broken nose to broken collar bone!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Now I'd never thought of that - could be a career change coming up here! I had a mate in Tassie who used to play Aussie Rules, he had a standing arrangement with his mum for her to pick him up from the Emergency dept at Hobart hospital 3 hours after the game - cos he knew he'd be there every single week! Everything from broken nose to broken collar bone!

Good effort!! You'd never catch UK footballers having to do that,big girls that they are!! And the shorts would look baggy on them too!!
Are we the only 2 people on this site who appreciate the finest sport in Aus !!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Aussie Rules is the among finest sporting event I have ever had the privalage to witness. It is a cross between Rugby, Gladiator, 400m sprinting, acrobatics and Rollerball ( the 1980 cult movie) with human chess thrown in.

I have only seen one game live - The Pies humped Melbourne in front of a full house at the MCG. A real spectacle.

GO THE PIES !!!!!!!!!

Ken
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:08 pm
Badge

Good effort!! You'd never catch UK footballers having to do that,big girls that they are!! And the shorts would look baggy on them too!!
Are we the only 2 people on this site who appreciate the finest sport in Aus !!
I was really looking forward to seeing it. So I really wanted to see AFL when I first got to Aussie. On my first day we saw the Sydney Swans play Essendon.

It's a game - I think - that you have to see live. On TV the camera moves around too much. What a skilled game - punting a ball half the pitch with microscopic accuracy and leaping 3 feet to catch an aerial ball!!

I didn't get in to it in quite the way I thought I would but much preferred it over soccer.

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

I have been advised that saying I support the Dockers is not enough to gain credibility with the locals. Apparently, I have to hate Collingwood as well. So "Go Lions !"
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Gareth W
I have been advised that saying I support the Dockers is not enough to gain credibility with the locals. Apparently, I have to hate Collingwood as well. So "Go Lions !"

Hurrah!
The last few posts have restored my faith in this site!! I agree you need to see a few live games to appreciate AFL and i SO wanted to see the 2002 Premiership final at the "G" but had to do with listening to it from my mates mobile who was there!!
Loyalty's a big thing though so once you support a team that's it for life,and it helps if you live in the city of your team!!!
The big question is who actually will claim to understand a fraction of the rules !!

Fi
Roll on next season!!