Go Figure?

Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:26 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go Figure?

We have been a bit anal today and been reserching schools, A bit premature I know but we like to know all our options. We found a school in Vic that we liked but it was $16,000 a year, then in the print at the bottom it said you needed to apply for an application form and send in the fee for the aplication for the aplication form of $25!!! What amazes me but it really shouldn't is why a private school that charges $16,000 would need to charge you $25 for the form! Do they really think by charging $25 it will maybe seperate the wheat from the chaff? And only a really really dedicated and rich parent will part with an extra $25?

Has anyone else had to pay a fee to get an application form?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:29 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Figure?

Originally Posted by arkon
We have been a bit anal today and been reserching schools, A bit premature I know but we like to know all our options. We found a school in Vic that we liked but it was $16,000 a year, then in the print at the bottom it said you needed to apply for an application form and send in the fee for the aplication for the aplication form of $25!!! What amazes me but it really shouldn't is why a private school that charges $16,000 would need to charge you $25 for the form! Do they really think by charging $25 it will maybe seperate the wheat from the chaff? And only a really really dedicated and rich parent will part with an extra $25?

Well for most public schools you have to have been through the prep school feeder system so $25 is very cheap to at least get to apply.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon

Yes, I haven't seen one that doesn't charge, the one I am interested in for my children says $110 :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:13 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginaf
Yes, I haven't seen one that doesn't charge, the one I am interested in for my children says $110 :scared:
150$ is commonplace around these parts
Old Nov 4th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

$50 per child for us ( we have two).

Seems to me it's just a strategy to get you used to parting with your $$$.