Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go Bananas has gone :(

Go Bananas has gone :(

Old May 30th 2005, 12:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Bananas has gone :(

Originally Posted by NJJ
dont know of bananas personally but I also remember Hev hetting upset a while ago too... Glad I & others persuaded Hevs to not go away though as the stalwarts of this forum such as you guys should not get upset by meaningless thoughtless comments though as you support far outweighs the people that will slate you....

NJJ
Thanks Mr Olas I remember i just felt shocked at the time and very angry. When i typed my rant i didn't expect people to appologise or anything, i was just so incensed. A few days after i looked back and felt a bit stupid that i had let a bunch of strangers upset me so much, after all our real friends knew how things were and thats all that really mattered in the end.

What i have come to realise is though that things do tend to go round full circle on this forum and if you do let it get to you over and over i think it could send you mad

I hope Gill is happy, whatever her decision in the end.
Old May 30th 2005, 1:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJJ
dont know of bananas personally but I also remember Hev hetting upset a while ago too... Glad I & others persuaded Hevs to not go away though as the stalwarts of this forum such as you guys should not get upset by meaningless thoughtless comments though as you support far outweighs the people that will slate you....

NJJ
So it was you to blame for her coming back.

Old May 30th 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi its such a shame shes stopped posting, ok she accepted the appology but it must have really hurt her. Really hope she comes back soon.
You know how people send each other things by email ? - jokes, wise sayings, etc , well I had one the other day that made me think of this whole situation and how the Go Bananas lady must have been feeling, not that I knew her or had read her diaries cos I'm new here, I just read the contentious one that happened recently. Anyway this email thingy I got, one of the sayings was (words to the effect): "You may forget the things someone says to you, you may forgive the things someone does to you, but you will never forget how they made you feel."
And I guess that's what's happening for Mrs Go Bananas.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:00 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I too feel sad that Go Bananas has deregistered but can perhaps understand her reasons why. I did enjoy her diaries and was looking foward to meeting the Perth Ladies (but I think that calling themselves "ladies" is pushing it a bit ). Hopefully it will still be going strong when I reach Perth.
Good luck to Jill, Warren and Littlun.
Gillian
Old May 30th 2005, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

It just reminds me of playground tantrums. People slagging off others. Who is in whos gang 'sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'. "yeah, but you said it'. 'No I didn't'. 'But I said sorry'. 'No you didn't'. 'I did'. 'When?'. 'Just there'. 'Don't believe you', 'I DID'', 'Oh OK, I believe you now, but I'm in a huff'.

It all strikes me as childish in the extreme

People spitting their dummies over nothing, I could go on, but ahhh , its boring me now too. G'Night

JTL
Old May 30th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Whatever Go Bananas reasons are I guess we have to respect her decision, but just wanted to add they she has been an excellent source of info, and many on here will miss her humour and the contribution that she made.

Sad that people cannot respect other peoples opinions and contribution to the forum. Like many I skim the threads if I dont like it I dont read it. I joined to get info on life in Aus, info on the visa process and most importnaly to make friends.

Good luck Go Bananas and family!!
Old May 30th 2005, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopCat3
"You may forget the things someone says to you, you may forgive the things someone does to you, but you will never forget how they made you feel."
Thats very true - and some people are more sensitive than others, hence feel things more deeply.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
It just reminds me of playground tantrums. People slagging off others. Who is in whos gang 'sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'. "yeah, but you said it'. 'No I didn't'. 'But I said sorry'. 'No you didn't'. 'I did'. 'When?'. 'Just there'. 'Don't believe you', 'I DID'', 'Oh OK, I believe you now, but I'm in a huff'.

It all strikes me as childish in the extreme

People spitting their dummies over nothing, I could go on, but ahhh , its boring me now too. G'Night

JTL

Jill Certainly did not spit her dummy out.

The whole horrible experience really did spoil it for her as it did for others.

End of story.

Im sure Jill would rather the subject was dropped.

Mags
Old May 30th 2005, 8:57 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Thanks Mr Olas .
Over Land And Sea!!!

over land and sea
LAND AND SEA!
we all follow the west ham to victory
Old May 30th 2005, 9:21 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by maggy

End of story.

Mags
Here, here Mags.

As my old Nan used to say "Least said, soonest mended". Time for us to move forward.

I am sure if Jill & Warren feel comfortable to come back onto the Forum, they will.

M

Old May 30th 2005, 10:04 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Whatever Go Bananas reasons are I guess we have to respect her decision, but just wanted to add they she has been an excellent source of info, and many on here will miss her humour and the contribution that she made.

Sad that people cannot respect other peoples opinions and contribution to the forum. Like many I skim the threads if I dont like it I dont read it. I joined to get info on life in Aus, info on the visa process and most importnaly to make friends.

Good luck Go Bananas and family!!

chris

i feel the same way as you, i have read a few diaries of the aforementioned family, and i think they can be good and informative, if you are looking for the info. everybody post something on this forum that somebody doesn't like..... but, i choose to bypass these threads and go onto something that interests me or my family. i choose to ignore certain things

she has made fab contributions in a fun way, but it is her choice. let anyone choose what they want to write or read, and not make judgements.

michelle
Old May 31st 2005, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

Going against the flow here - Don't come back Jill !!!

Jill and Warren have given the forum a great insight into the up's and down's of moving to and living in / setting up home in Perth.

BUT I feel the negatives outweigh the positives for someone who spends so much of there precious time on this forum - only to be ridiculed by the alarming number of morons now using this site, time to move on Jill....

G
Old May 31st 2005, 11:44 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy

End of story.

Mags
I did not start this thread to go over old ground and talk about what happened, but it seems to have turned out that way

It was just to try an tell her how much we miss her posts on this forum, and to try and persuade her to return, when she is ready, of course
Old May 31st 2005, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Here...here...

Three Legs

Feel the double standards
xxx

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I did not start this thread to go over old ground and talk about what happened, but it seems to have turned out that way

It was just to try an tell her how much we miss her posts on this forum, and to try and persuade her to return, when she is ready, of course
Old May 31st 2005, 11:57 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Here...here...

Three Legs

Feel the double standards
xxx
Double standards?

Ahh I get what you mean....your double standards

Last edited by Tiawamutu; May 31st 2005 at 12:10 pm.