Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GMTV did anyone see it!!

GMTV did anyone see it!!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:48 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default GMTV did anyone see it!!

hi i was just wondering if anybody saw it on GMTV this week, i missed it!!
my friend said it was really good, does anyone have a link to youtube if its on there plz.

kind regards
michell

Last edited by michell; Apr 23rd 2008 at 8:55 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GMTV did anyone see it!!

Originally Posted by michell
my friend said it was really good, does anyone have a link to youtube if its on there plz

kind regards
michell
hi there

i seen some of it all i can say is it looked lovely over there and we cant wait to go over but we going to perth and they were in adelaide hope its as nice in perth

carlyx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michell
my friend said it was really good, does anyone have a link to youtube if its on there plz.

kind regards
michell
if you go on the gmtv web site you can watch it there on the watch again facility.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:14 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=24657
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

djamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant future

It gave a very small and one-sided view of moving to Australia in my opinion.

It seemed to be aimed more at winding up people back in the UK rather than providing any real, pertinent information.

It was almost like saying "It's hot, fantastic and really cheap to live here".

It's not quite as straightforward as that in my experience.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

They did that with the Cottesloe Beach thing at Christmas. They picked the nicest part of the beach (the groyne) stuck a camera crew up there then put the word out to a load of camwhoring Poms to get down beachside and camp it up.

Dom't believe everything you see on TV!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:06 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by djamesburgess
It gave a very small and one-sided view of moving to Australia in my opinion.

It seemed to be aimed more at winding up people back in the UK rather than providing any real, pertinent information.

It was almost like saying "It's hot, fantastic and really cheap to live here".

It's not quite as straightforward as that in my experience.
just watched it i have to agree with you maybe it is like that for them but not for everyone most people i know work harder here earn less so they are indeed very lucky!!

i think they need to get a family on that are finding it daunting and not all rosey let the peeps in the uk see both sides!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

All I can see on there is an interview with Ross Kemp - which in itself was hilariously bad due to the woefully ill-informed interviewer ...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:19 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
All I can see on there is an interview with Ross Kemp - which in itself was hilariously bad due to the woefully ill-informed interviewer ...
Scroll down the list of clips to the right, it is titled 'Down Under'
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Good god, she's still employed? she was inane and incompetent when I was in the UK. That was funny. Anyway, must go and see Adelaide in all its rose tinted finery. Hope it's as funny as that one
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:24 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah nice fluffly little morning TV piece.
Glad it worked out for them but I do note he didn't actually answer how cost of living compares. Yes you can have more entertainment with less money but thats not the entire picture.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

What got me tho, is he appears to be talking live to the chick in Adelaide, yet she must be in a time warp continium... cos its morning both sides of the planet

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Yeah nice fluffly little morning TV piece.
Glad it worked out for them but I do note he didn't actually answer how cost of living compares. Yes you can have more entertainment with less money but thats not the entire picture.
There's no way of knowing how much they brought out with them in a one minute 'chat'. If they came out with shedloads of equity and have no mortgage and he's on a good wage then their answer about the cost of living would be totally different to someone elses.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There's no way of knowing how much they brought out with them in a one minute 'chat'. If they came out with shedloads of equity and have no mortgage and he's on a good wage then their answer about the cost of living would be totally different to someone elses.
Must admit, they did make it sound like Adelaide is cheap ( he avoided a strategic question ) by bragging on about there quality of life, shame he didnt paint the realty. Irrespective of how much equity they had

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Must admit, they did make it sound like Adelaide is cheap ( he avoided a strategic question ) by bragging on about there quality of life, shame he didnt paint the realty. Irrespective of how much equity they had

They may well have said about the price of lettuce, fuel etc and had it cut out - who knows what was left on the cutting room floor. As you say the fact that it was morning in both places was slightly confusing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.