Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glossary of terms/abbreviations?

Glossary of terms/abbreviations?

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough
Default Glossary of terms/abbreviations?

Can somebody point me in the direction of a list/glossary of the more common vsia app codes and abbreviations you guys are using.
I'm new to all this and it's a bit bamboozling.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:39 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice
Default Re: Glossary of terms/abbreviations?

Originally Posted by Leeds_to_Perth
Can somebody point me in the direction of a list/glossary of the more common vsia app codes and abbreviations you guys are using.

Cheers.
Notice you are from Leeds, were are fron Mirfield all those miles away!!!!
Not sure what you don't understand
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigjugs
Notice you are from Leeds, were are fron Mirfield all those miles away!!!!
Not sure what you don't understand
Is there a list handy of what application form/visa form numbers mean what.
I'm reading lots of threads where there are codes and numbers blindly referred to.
I'm sure after reading something like a glossary, it will all make alot more sense.
I'm really suprised there isn't one posted/pinned already for beginners like me!

Planning leaving beautiful Mirfield behind?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:04 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Is there a list handy of what application form/visa form numbers mean what.
I'm reading lots of threads where there are codes and numbers blindly referred to.
I'm sure after reading something like a glossary, it will all make alot more sense.
I'm really suprised there isn't one posted/pinned already for beginners like me!

Planning leaving beautiful Mirfield behind?
All being well Mirfield will be history next year.

BRISBANE here we come!!!

We are going on a 136 visa which is unconditional, you can live anywhere

If you look on the top thread on this site (the one with 20000+hits)
and look on immigration this site will explain all the different sub classes

Where are you going???
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigjugs
All being well Mirfield will be history next year.

BRISBANE here we come!!!

We are going on a 136 visa which is unconditional, you can live anywhere

If you look on the top thread on this site (the one with 20000+hits)
and look on immigration this site will explain all the different sub classes

Where are you going???

I would have thought that the username gives it away...
Hoping for early next year
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Cheers.
Hey up Leeds lad. Bradfordlad here, just over the hill from you. Also heading to Perth early 2006 hopefully.For all your stuff your asking about, i take it you are just starting out.Have a look at the www.immi.gov.au web site. Follow appropriate links for stuff.

Gud luk and happy reading.

Ian
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there me and my wife are organising a meet in the new year. Hopefully Jan 7th at Xscape in Castleford. We had a previous one at the White Rose pub near the WR centre in September. Its for other like minded people who are heading down under just to have an informal chat and drink and help each other out. I you'd like to join us please come along and meet other people from around Yorkshire. We are also heading to Perth in the New year if we can slog our way through the visa application.

Andy
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:03 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

maybe try here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/annual_report...2/report79.htm

sorry if it doesnt help
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Luke.

A meet up in New Year sounds like a good idea.
Still not sure whether to do the workingholiday visa and apply for defacto when I'm there...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys!

Wakefield here! LOL