Glorious Perth

Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Glorious Perth

This is for all those in the UK that have had to put up with all of us in Perth whinging about the rain recently.

Sunday was just the most beautiful day ever - today's the same. The sun is out and it feels warm again (low 20s). We picniced by the river watching the dingys racing and then played tennis until the sun went down. The kids even went for a paddle. Winter- what winter?

Ali

The local mandarins are in season-Yum.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Glorious Perth

Originally Posted by AliMay
This is for all those in the UK that have had to put up with all of us in Perth whinging about the rain recently.

Sunday was just the most beautiful day ever - today's the same. The sun is out and it feels warm again (low 20s). We picniced by the river watching the dingys racing and then played tennis until the sun went down. The kids even went for a paddle. Winter- what winter?

Ali

Lovely Ali! Just what we want to hear as we're arriving on the 3rd July. Have some karma.
Tracey
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Lovely Ali! Just what we want to hear as we're arriving on the 3rd July. Have some karma.
Tracey
Good luck with your move.
Do pack some woollie jumpers though. It can turn awful chilly at night.

Ali

Karma sent for your move !
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:52 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Do pack some woollie jumpers though.

!

Isn't that a kangaroo?

Yeah that was bad.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 7:01 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Ali! Absolutly gorgeous today and yesterday as well.
This is what I remember Aussie winters to be like... not that constant rain we had for a few weeks.

Siren
Old Jun 27th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Isn't that a kangaroo?

Yeah that was bad.
Ha ha -so bad it was good
Old Jun 27th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Ali

Yeah - keep it coming :

We arrive Aug 16th leave a bit of sun for us
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:16 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Fabulous weather indeed, I was beginning to lose hope!! I've even had locals apologising for the weather!!
The kids are so much happier, puts a spring in my step. This is what I came for.!
The forecast for tomorrow:

FORECAST FOR THE PERTH METROPOLITAN AREA
Issued at 4:30pm WST on Monday the 27th of June 2005 for tonight and Tuesday

FORECAST:
Fine. A sunny day tomorrow with light to moderate N/NE winds.

TEMPERATURES: Minimum: 6 Maximum: 21
UV INDEX: 3 [MODERATE]

The overnight minimum was 4.8 at 0724 hours
Today's maximum was 21.5 at 1418hours

Boo hoo, rain on Wednesday!!

Am loving my sheepskin slippers for those cold mornings. No more numb feet.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:04 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Its been a fantastic couple of days, cold nights and mornings but up over 20c in the day with clear blue skies.
There has been a real good swell on the ocean for the past couple of days, probably the biggest waves i've seen in Perth for a number of years.

Some photos attached so you can see how nice it is here at the moment (until it changes tomorrow )

They might still be a bit large for dialup users to view.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Glorious Perth-270605a.jpg   Glorious Perth-270605b.jpg   Glorious Perth-270605d.jpg  
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:10 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

And a few more:
Attached Thumbnails Glorious Perth-270605c.jpg   Glorious Perth-270605e.jpg   Glorious Perth-270605f.jpg  
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Its been a fantastic couple of days, cold nights and mornings but up over 20c in the day with clear blue skies.
There has been a real good swell on the ocean for the past couple of days, probably the biggest waves i've seen in Perth for a number of years.

Some photos attached so you can see how nice it is here at the moment (until it changes tomorrow )

They might still be a bit large for dialup users to view.

Steve
Steve,

That's right, lovely swell and a light off shore to whip the face up. Classic constitions allright...
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:46 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by renth
Steve,

That's right, lovely swell and a light off shore to whip the face up. Classic constitions allright...
Certainly was, I didnt go in as I have'nt bought a wetsuite yet.... but was very tempted to go and hire one for the afternoon!

I changed my mind when I saw one guy spend about 10 mins paddling out to think he'd made it out the back for a breather, when some huge set came through and totally cleaned him up, thankfully he got washed up on the beach in one piece, he got out and staggered back to his car, unfortunately I didnt get it on camera...
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly was, I didnt go in as I have'nt bought a wetsuite yet.... but was very tempted to go and hire one for the afternoon!

I changed my mind when I saw one guy spend about 10 mins paddling out to think he'd made it out the back for a breather, when some huge set came through and totally cleaned him up, thankfully he got washed up on the beach in one piece, he got out and staggered back to his car, unfortunately I didnt get it on camera...
I'm not going in in this. Last time I went out I wiped out and got my head slammed into the sand at the bottom. My neck clicked in about 5 places and my arms and legs went tingly. I reckon I came close to becoming a quad.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:50 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

And a few more:
Hey Steve, I hope that first shot in City Beach isn't taken from your house - otherwise I'm very jealous!
Where is the photo with the rocks in the foreground taken?

I've just been for a walk on the beach (Floreat) and the waves are just huge - only a few brave peeps out there - the sound when they dump is amazing - even the dog keeps jumping in fright! Doesn't stop him going in tho' and getting mashed.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:45 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by webgum
Hey Steve, I hope that first shot in City Beach isn't taken from your house - otherwise I'm very jealous!
Where is the photo with the rocks in the foreground taken?

I've just been for a walk on the beach (Floreat) and the waves are just huge - only a few brave peeps out there - the sound when they dump is amazing - even the dog keeps jumping in fright! Doesn't stop him going in tho' and getting mashed.
Hi,

No im afraid its not from my house, im a street back I can just about glimpse the ocean if I stand on top of the airconditioning unit on my roof (which I dont advise doing) :scared:

The pic with the rocks is up at Trigg (down below the trigg island cafe )
Its normally where most of the surfers are out.

I can hear the waves dumping at the moment, its sounds like thunder some nights when were lying in bed. Good in the summer as you know there's going to be some surf the next morning

Whilst you were down at Floreat did you notice the boardwalk thingy they are building through the dunes to link up with City Beach? We were wondering the other day when it was due to be completed.
It would be good if it ran all the way from City Beach up through Scarborough and linked in to the one going to Trigg, and then joined onto the pathway all the way to Hillarys.
It would be a great one to Cycle/walk up.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.