Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glorious autumn temps on Sunshine Coast

Glorious autumn temps on Sunshine Coast

Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:28 pm
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Smile Glorious autumn temps on Sunshine Coast

Anyone wondering if it's hot ALL year round here in Queensland? Well, here we are in Autumn. The days are glorious, no humidity, temps reaching 27 degrees at the moment but dropping to around 14 (I think) at night. Getting dark just before 6pm and light around 6am (I think)

Have only just put the duvet on the bed but is a nice novelty.

Won't be long before I need to pull that little electric heater out of the cupboard that gets used about 4 weeks of the year.

Despite the lovely weather and still high temperatures, there are winter woolies, sweaters and long thick coast starting to appear in the shops. Makes me laught this year just as much as last...

Winter officially begins 1st June I think.

For those in the UK, I hear you are into around your 7 month of cold weather???!!....Brrrrrrr. Get yourselves over here.

Sunshine Sarah
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glorious autumn temps on Sunshine Coast

Sounds good, does it actually get cold anytime of the year? (during the day that is). I like it being cold at night as I find it easier to sleep.

Also, we hopefully will be over in the next 3 - 5 months, will we need coats etc?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
Anyone wondering if it's hot ALL year round here in Queensland? Well, here we are in Autumn. The days are glorious, no humidity, temps reaching 27 degrees at the moment but dropping to around 14 (I think) at night. Getting dark just before 6pm and light around 6am (I think)

Have only just put the duvet on the bed but is a nice novelty.

Won't be long before I need to pull that little electric heater out of the cupboard that gets used about 4 weeks of the year.

Despite the lovely weather and still high temperatures, there are winter woolies, sweaters and long thick coast starting to appear in the shops. Makes me laught this year just as much as last...

Winter officially begins 1st June I think.

For those in the UK, I hear you are into around your 7 month of cold weather???!!....Brrrrrrr. Get yourselves over here.

Sunshine Sarah
lol - ya git! It has been a long old winter this year and it's showing no early signs of buggering off any time soon. I've had enough and I spent two months of it in NSW!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

30 degrees in Gympie today
It gets quite cold, we had about 3 frosts last winter. It's cool at night and 1st thing in the morning but by smoko it's back down to shorts and tshirts again. Not had it so cold that I feel the need for a coat but a light sweater is about right.
Wouldn't worry about bringing the thermals
Old Apr 15th 2006, 4:33 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Perhaps a lightweight or denim jacket. But coming from UK, it'll still feel warm.

Sarah