Reload this Page >

Global Pensions ?

Global Pensions ?

Old May 29th 2007, 9:38 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Global Pensions ?

Hi All

Looking at pension transfers....has anybody used this company ? any feedback at all ?

Cheers

Dave
Old May 29th 2007, 10:45 am
RRZ
Forum Regular

RRZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Pensions ?

I had a look at all the suppliers I could find about 6-8 weeks ago and Global Pensions wasn't on the list - there were a couple people suggested should be avoided, so that would be worth a forum search.

Two things I would look at - 1) do they use an Actuary and 2) do they charge a % figures for the transfer - I can't see any justification for it.

Sorry if not much help.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to use a company to transfer your pension! Instead:

1. Choose your Oz Super Fund.
2. Make sure it's on the current Inland Revenue QORPS list (do a search for the link; too lazy to look it up - sorry).
3. Join your chosen Oz Super Fund.
4. Give them the details of your UK pension scheme and your new Oz Super Fund will process all the paperwork for the transfer free of charge.

Before you do the above, you may want to get some financial advice as to whether you should transfer your UK pension and as to which Oz Super Fund is best for you - for that you want an independent financial advisor.

But when it comes to organising the transfer - don't be conned into thinking it's difficult and you need to pay money to someone to do it!

Gina
Old May 29th 2007, 11:20 am
RRZ
Forum Regular

RRZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that advice is correct for some people - particularly if they have just arrived and are 101% sure they are going to stay. As for me - my fund wouldn't transfer it for me and, because I had been here 5 years (yes, lazy sod) I needed some tax to be calculated. I also liked seeing an actuarial report which said (at least in my case, not everyones) that bringing it across was the right thing financially.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:40 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRZ
I also liked seeing an actuarial report which said (at least in my case, not everyones) that bringing it across was the right thing financially.
That was my point - guess I didn't explain it very well .

I will also be getting financial advice, including an actuarial report, and I expect to pay for that. But this is seperate from the actual transfer of the pension (and post 6.4.2006 this is easy to do yourself).

Gina
Old May 29th 2007, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
That was my point - guess I didn't explain it very well .

I will also be getting financial advice, including an actuarial report, and I expect to pay for that. But this is seperate from the actual transfer of the pension (and post 6.4.2006 this is easy to do yourself).

Gina
Thanks for replies thus far guys.

Dave