Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glen Waverley,Melbourne

Glen Waverley,Melbourne

Old May 30th 2006, 5:47 am
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Glen Waverley,Melbourne

Aside from having good state schools, no trams, and at the end of a train rail, what else can be said about this suburb?
Thanks so much...

Cheers,
Hannah
Old May 30th 2006, 8:41 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Glen Waverley,Melbourne

Originally Posted by amendoza
Aside from having good state schools, no trams, and at the end of a train rail, what else can be said about this suburb?
Thanks so much...

Cheers,
Hannah
boy oh boy consider youself blessed that you have Train ways atleast
There's just a start..
Bart
Old May 30th 2006, 9:01 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Thanks so much...

Cheers,
Hannah
Id be interested to know, its hot on my list too. Not much info on the net....

Di x
Old May 30th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Thanks so much...

Cheers,
Hannah
Very busy as its right on the springvale road (busiest in melbourne) IMO.
Old May 30th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Thanks so much...

Cheers,
Hannah
It is an okay suburb. Compared to the more expensive suburbs like Hawthorn, Camberwell, Canterbury, etc what you notice when you go out to places like Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley, etc is the open space. The inner suburbs are becoming too clostraphobic.

Nearest shopping centre is probably Chadstone.

Houses are relatively cheap.
Old May 30th 2006, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
It is an okay suburb. Compared to the more expensive suburbs like Hawthorn, Camberwell, Canterbury, etc what you notice when you go out to places like Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley, etc is the open space. The inner suburbs are becoming too clostraphobic.

Nearest shopping centre is probably Chadstone.

Houses are relatively cheap.
I'd agree with 'an okay suburb'. Most migrants would not be able to afford the Hawthorn's, Camberwell's etc (let alone the Kooyong's) so it offers an affordable option with good state schools', end of the GW line, a bit more open spaceand greenery.

Watch Neighbours for an idea - seriously, the suburb immediately to the north is Vermont South aka Erinsborough. 'Chaddy' is the nearest big shopping centre (biggest in Sthn Hemis) but there are smaller adequate centres closer to GW at The Glen, Brandon Park, Knox City and Vermont South and Forest Hill (both of which feature in Neighbours).

OzTennis
Old May 30th 2006, 6:22 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=OzTennis]I'd agree with 'an okay suburb'.

Well, okay looks okay to me
Had a chance to pass GW as we went to our friend's place in Mulgrave. Saw the big state school near the train station and noticed a large number of Chinese/Vietnamese people around,too. I think GW has quite a good mix of culture, am I right about this one?
As I won't drive (yet), transport is a concern. Can I live in GW on public transport and still be comfy enough? It'll take awhile for me to drive once I'm cleared medically

BTW, there's another area I've narrowed my choices aside GW. Its Essendon North/Strathmore. So that's a choice of east vs west!

Cheers again...
Hannah