Reload this Page >

GLD Contributions

GLD Contributions

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:36 pm
gld
Forum Regular

gld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GLD Contributions

I am somewhat surprised at the responses that have been received following my comments.

I for one am not that familiar with this sort of means of communication, i.e. a forum whereby views are shared. So please some advice would be beneficial. I could not see any place where it prohibited identifying who you were as a contributor - so therefore perhaps someone would be so good as to advise where this is located as it is certainly not clear to myself.

I would also like to know how one goes about stating who you are. As there appears to be a rule for one and rule for GLD quite clearly others are providing details of who they are - my reason for putting our details were so there would be no ambiguity as to who was giving out their knowledge. What does this mean? The following comes off what I thought were the rules?

Registration

In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide some information (such as demographic information) but encouraged in order that we may provide a more personalized experience on our site.

So that is precisely what I did, having been encouraged by a number of clients to post information. They seemed to think that some postings they had read could be misconstrued and misleading and could have caused them problems if they had followed them - i.e. reference to documentation that was inappropriate. These clients wanted others to share some of our knowledge – at first we were reluctant to do and naturally hesitant in giving advice that could be construed as client specific.

For those who don’t realise we are recognised in the financial sector as the firm who pioneered the transfer of UK pensions to Australia – yes it was Montfort International. Now the transfer of pensions is not necessarily the right course of action to take. And our credentials to make such comments go before us. We are horrified that advice is seemingly given in such mediums as this that one should transfer ones pension to Australia - what total bunkum. It is a case by case situation. And the process of checking options must start in the UK for blindingly obvious reasons - but yet this is not happening – people are waiting until they get there – we are advocates of Best of Both Worlds – it may just be best to keep a pension in the UK or if it is best to transfer get the timing right..

As regards our knowledge and experience is regularly sought by a number of UK and Australian Financial Journalists as well as Australian Financial Planners and Migration Agents as well as Australian Government Departments, a situation which has been the case for several years now.

We even recently appeared (on 2 Occasions) before the Australian Parliamentary Enquiry on the subject of Pension Transfers to Australia conducted by the Australian Senate and have since been requested to provide an opinion on proposed changes to the legislation.

We are therefore acknowledged by the number of articles and professional papers we have written as knowing something about what we are talking about. I would add that anybody who is in business who contributes to this website will never give the game away by revealing all of their knowledge – else they would not be in business.

Until advised differently I have modified who we are on the signature, bowing to the superior knowledge of those who have been contributing for longer. I think you will find that we will add value to your site when we see something that needs a contribution – but do not expect specific answers which could be misinterpreted – if we say there is more to it there is.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

as they say,,there's no such thing as bad publicity
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:45 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

All well and good, Geraint, and you may (or may not) be an 'expert' in your field.

What is being objected to, however, is your method of communication.

IN CASE NO-ONE TOLD YOU, PUTTING YOUR COMMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS CONSIDERED 'SHOUTING' on a forum.

Maybe you should have become an 'expert' on forum ettiquette, or 'taken advice', before blundering ahead and pissing so many people off with what appears to be a "know-it-all, over-the-top" attitude.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:52 pm
gld
Forum Regular

gld is an unknown quantity at this point

Sir

If you don't know how these things work how does one know what is the done thing? Perhaps you could explain.

Kind Regards

Geraint

Originally posted by downunderpom
All well and good, Geraint, and you may (or may not) be an 'expert' in your field.

What is being objected to, however, is your method of communication.

IN CASE NO-ONE TOLD YOU, PUTTING YOUR COMMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS CONSIDERED 'SHOUTING' on a forum.

Maybe you should have become an 'expert' on forum ettiquette, or 'taken advice', before blundering ahead and pissing so many people off with what appears to be a "know-it-all, over-the-top" attitude.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

So...apart from shouting, what has this person done that is sooooo bad it deserves a poll against them?

Bizarre.....
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

The one person I have seen who mananges to use forum posting as a valuable marketing tool is Alan Collett. I'd suggest a good look through his posts over the years and compare and contrast with your own.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:58 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by gld
Sir

If you don't know how these things work how does one know what is the done thing? Perhaps you could explain.

Kind Regards

Geraint
Now you see, that's what you should have done in the first place - "Hi All, I'm new here, and not too sure how things work, but let me introduce myself..."

Rather than "LISTEN TO ME, NOW!!!"

As for the "Sir, Blah, blah", don't be such a stuffed shirt. Chill out. Relax, and stop taking yourself so seriously. This is the Aussie forum - we're laid back, practically comatose. You, on the other hand, are jumping up and down and yelling.

Have a look at some of the other professionals who post here, see what they do. Alan Collett is one who springs to mind. Do a search on his posts, and you'll see what I mean.

Now, loosen off your tie, before you have a stroke!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:01 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by podgypossum
So...apart from shouting, what has this person done that is sooooo bad it deserves a poll against them?

Bizarre.....
The tone, PP: let's take a line at random...

"For those who don’t realise we are recognised in the financial sector " blah, blah.

If I wanted a snotty brochure on his services I'd ask for it.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Podgypossum.
I am not sure what is going on here.
I have noticed quite a lot of unfavourable comment on here about Montfort before GLD ever posted.
Why?
G.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yes, i agree his attitude was a bit stuffed shirt, but to have apoll on whether to remove him or not??...sounds a bit OTT to me!! There have been comments made and things said on this forum far, far worse and a lot more damaging to others that what he has said and yet there hasnt been any polls or damnations to this extent.

Tis the season of goodwill...
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:16 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by podgypossum
Yes, i agree his attitude was a bit stuffed shirt, but to have apoll on whether to remove him or not??...sounds a bit OTT to me!! There have been comments made and things said on this forum far, far worse and a lot more damaging to others that what he has said and yet there hasnt been any polls or damnations to this extent.

Tis the season of goodwill...
Yes, PP, but not everyone is as nice as you are.

I'm not, that's for sure. I'm a hard-nosed, self opinionated bastard, convinced of his own infallability......

Cor, who does that sound like??
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL... and i can be a hard nosed self opinionated bitch when the mood suits me... but its too early in the morning for that and i havent got the energy .. more coffee should solve that... slurrrrrrrp
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:20 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I do kinda agree with Podgy - perhaps GLD needs a quiet word in his ear about what is acceptable and what isn't - not a poll.

As has already been said, Alan makes a valuable contribution to the forum - perhaps, given time, GLD could too?

I think the tone of his post is what annoyed people - and DUP has given some good advice there.

So, why not wipe his slate and let him start again?
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

GLD - are you sure you are not Chris Eubank - think maybe you sound alike - just an observation!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:22 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Pollster
I do kinda agree with Podgy - perhaps GLD needs a quiet word in his ear about what is acceptable and what isn't - not a poll.

As has already been said, Alan makes a valuable contribution to the forum - perhaps, given time, GLD could too?

I think the tone of his post is what annoyed people - and DUP has given some good advice there.

So, why not wipe his slate and let him start again?
Yeah, maybe we can 'ejjucate' him!!

PETER! (Oops, sorry, shouting again....)

Actually I really should thank Geraint... yesterday was a little quiet on the forum. He's given me the chance to rant, first thing in the morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.