View Poll Results: What shall we do with gld?
Ban him from BritishExpats
31.82%
Delete all his posts
11.36%
Remove his super long sig and DISCLAIMER
27.27%
Let him be
25.00%
No opinion
4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

gld

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:11 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default gld

Let me try a modified form of mob-rule here.

What do all of you think we should do with gld (a.k.a. "IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLIENT YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY DEALT WITH THESE AND OTHER ISSUES AS THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED IN YOUR CONSULTATION - IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLIENT PLEASE ADVISE ASAP.")?

I don't like it when people ignore my "advice" to stop shouting and I take it you guys don't like it when people ignore your advice to stop touting.

What say ye?

Peter
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:20 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: gld

Originally posted by ptlabs
Let me try a modified form of mob-rule here.

What do all of you think we should do with gld (a.k.a. "IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLIENT YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY DEALT WITH THESE AND OTHER ISSUES AS THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED IN YOUR CONSULTATION - IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLIENT PLEASE ADVISE ASAP.")?

I don't like it when people ignore my "advice" to stop shouting and I take it you guys don't like it when people ignore your advice to stop touting.

What say ye?

Peter
Don't know what I missed but I missed it anyway, so voted to let him be. Ti's the season for good will to all men and loud posters I guess.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

If, like some of the other professional (commercial?) posters, he contributed something useful I'd say let him be. However, his marketing method seems to be limited to engendering doubt.

I think you've been more than fair, Peter. If you remove his contact details he'll either go away or become a more useful contributor.

Alan
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:49 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ayanem
I think you've been more than fair, Peter. If you remove his contact details he'll either go away or become a more useful contributor.
Alan,

I could remove his contact details - that's a one-time modification to his signature "essay". Obviously he could just correct my modification the moment I'm done with it...

His all-caps disclaimers aren't that easy to wipe clean, however.

I wonder why is it that he seems oblivious to basic online manners....

Peter
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 10:08 am
ABCDiamond

I don't feel that I have been on this forum for very long, so not sure if I should really comment. However, The first post I saw of his, with the initial Shouting, did make me think that he was asking for trouble.

The shouting and the attitude.

Not sure about banning someone, but I agree that getting rid of the long contact details etc., would be a start. If that was agreed and he then put them back, then he would be going against the forum requirements, and then banning would become a reasonable action.

I believe that these forums are for individuals to discuss things together, and I have seen some other professionals on here, but they seem very free with their "free" advise etc. They do not seem to say "Listen to Me I am Right, listen to anyone else and you will get it wrong". That was my first impression of his "First" post, whether he intended that or not, that is how it came across to me.

The option to delete all his posts, and let him start again seemed of interest also. I did read one post that suggested this to him, but he didn't do it. Pity really, a new start might have been good for his reputation with some of you all.

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As has already been said, if he offered any useful info, it would be fine. But as far as I can see he is dropping titbits - of a sort which are likely to scare people - and not actually offering any info or help without being paid for it.
Take his initial post about needing life insurance because "death is hereditary" or the latest one where he is hinting that everyone still in the UK should be trying to get a TFN before they leave the UK!

There are other agents who contribute a lot of time, effort, and useful info, and only offer there services for a fee once the case starts getting complex. Pity he doesn't learn from their example.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Well he definitely got up my nose. Hardly difficult, my wife calls me Victor Meldrew!

I reckon you have to monitor the guys posts and play the old "3 strikes and you're out" rule.

He's being a pratt not listening anyway, no-one on this board is going to use his services.

Cheers

Nick
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:29 pm
Badge

well, now he is more considered in his answers, and has made some attempt to answer a question, and is not shouting, maybe we can overlook his original transgression...

BM

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:38 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

this seems to me to be an ifa touting for business under the shroud of immigration information. i suspect the real objective is to get their hands on pension transfers etc.

probably an aussie expat ifa trying to make a living by preying on the vulnerable during a stressful process. better left well alone imho. take it from somebody that has done it twice it is not difficult. if your affairs really are complicated go to an accountant or solicitor (there are plenty of international firms) not some self appointed expert.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

GLD this is a place where people come and help each other on aspects of migration to Australia for no fee whatsover. We do however recognise the need for professional advice but that is a decision for us. There are others in the migration industry who post but they give as complete an answer as possible and they say when something is beyond the realm of a forum (because of complexity).

Just saying contact me is not good enough. To earn the trust of other members you must help us for no fee where justified. The quality of your advice can be judged by us. It is a 2 way thing. I believe you offer expertise that will be of help to us but we do not want adverts for your company with no info in the middle of our threads.

There is an etiquette to forums and I think you are finding them out. CAPS Means shouting in e-mail as well so maybe you should take a course on e etiquette. Money well spent considering it is already putting off clients. Or maybe someone on another forum could offer the advice for free.

Last edited by bondipom; Dec 22nd 2003 at 11:17 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:23 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Amazingly, everyone who has voted on this poll has an opinion on GLD. No one has no opinion?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer to leave his posts as is.
For me his tone and advertising describe his service for all to see.

He is someone I would think twice about getting advice from, which may not have been
the case is if he was less subtle.
So in way he has become his own worst enemy !
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
I prefer to leave his posts as is.
For me his tone and advertising describe his service for all to see.

He is someone I would think twice about getting advice from, which may not have been
the case is if he was less subtle.
So in way he has become his own worst enemy !
I agree. I don't like the halfway house idea of editing his posts to make him appear more approachable/affable.

Because he ignored a number of requests to alter his tone I can only imagine he's happy with the way he portrays himself. To edit his posts will mislead readers about the service they can expect

Either boot him out or leave him be.

Also... MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 12:57 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by young_lad
I agree. I don't like the halfway house idea of editing his posts to make him appear more approachable/affable.

Because he ignored a number of requests to alter his tone I can only imagine he's happy with the way he portrays himself. To edit his posts will mislead readers about the service they can expect

Either boot him out or leave him be.

Also... MERRY CHRISTMAS
If you dont like his posts dont read them it's as simple as that,there are rules about the use of bad language or racist comments but other than that surely you can say what you like.
Apart from the shouting I dont see how his posts differ from people like Alan Collett's who tout for business on a regular basis.
If anything his posts are a good indication of what sort of service you are likely to get from him and you can make your own mind up if you want to use his services.
I think this kangaroo court should stop ASAP.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr2blue
If anything his posts are a good indication of what sort of service you are likely to get from him and you can make your own mind up if you want to use his services....
Kinda what I said.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.