Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glasses and driving

Glasses and driving

Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Default Glasses and driving

does anyone know if prescription glasses (sun and reacterlight) are more expensive in aus as I am due some new glasses soon and what is the best to buy as I have heard reacterlight are not that good while driving and I drive a truck for a living.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:38 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasses and driving

Originally Posted by rangersman
does anyone know if prescription glasses (sun and reacterlight) are more expensive in aus as I am due some new glasses soon and what is the best to buy as I have heard reacterlight are not that good while driving and I drive a truck for a living.

I believe that glasses are cheaper in the UK, I defiantly pay more in Australia for glasses than I do here. I drive trucks for a living too. Are you wanting to drive trucks in Oz?

Jim
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Should not drive with glasses, much easier out of a can or bottle as it wont spill as much!!!

Only joking of course
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:54 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Should not drive with glasses, much easier out of a can or bottle as it wont spill as much!!!

Only joking of course

He could use a straw though, you wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road then........
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe one of those hats which hold the drink and has a straw coming down?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:02 pm
Breast Inspector

Maybe one of those hats which hold the drink and has a straw coming down?

The Homer Simpson hat?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Yes I am hoping to be trucking around Perth, get out there in oct and plan to take anything until I am able to do my licenses again, are you out in aus and how hard are the tests and is it a long drawn-out process any info would be a great help
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

All I know is the beer is nice and cold

Sorry for hijacking your post about glasses. Hope you find your answers
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:31 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Only joking of course
I thought that driving is Aus. was much more laid back about
glasses as long as you aren't opening the bottles at the wheel...

CORKER
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:41 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi,

Not sure about truck driving but for normal driving I find I wear my sunnies a lot as the reactolite doesn't work through the car windows - plus you get the glare reflected from the road, which doesn't trigger the reactolite.

I paid $700 here for designer prescription glasses with reactolite lenses (called Transition here) plus a matching clip-on so I don't need to change over, just add the clip-on when it's really bright. It's not like the old-fashioned clip-on, attaches by magnet and fits really close to your main lens so other people wouldn't notice you have two layers!

Hope this helps,

Elaine M
Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by rangersman
Prices can vary very much depending on where you buy.

Have a look at these sites:

http://www.budgeteyewear.com.au
http://www.justspectacles.com.au