Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glass pool fencing

Glass pool fencing

Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:17 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Glass pool fencing

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Hi all.

Does anyone know of a company (I believe there are two or three doing it) that ship the glass pool fencing from the east coast to us here in WA. I am aware there are several glass fencing companies, but a very reliable source has told me they operate as a cartel, and all their prices are almost identical. On the east coast however where there is far more competition, companies are selling the identical product for less than half the price I have been quoted here in WA. I believe someone is shipping it to a newly opened place in Kewdale, then they either deliver or you can collect. Does anyone know more about it then those sketchy details I have provided. I have also seen it on eBay, but the sellers selling it are relatively new with not much feedback as yet. Also does anyone know the aus standards for these things??? Sorry for all the questions, but it costs a fortune.
We've just had glass pool fence put in ... one thing we didn't even consider was the fact that birds fly straight into it, break their necks and die feet up on our deck! Fence was installed in the beginning of June and we've had 2 dead already.

LJJ
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:38 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

are you sure it's a company in Kewdale you pick it up from not just the haulage yard. i've bought a couple of large items from companies who i've found via ebay and had to pick them up from a haulage company who handle things for these companies here in WA..... just a thought.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:17 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
You make a good point, but we feel it is worth it as it will look so much better. Although if we cant find it cheaper than it currently is, we will be going with aluminium instead, as we need somewhere around 25 metres.
We decided against glass due to the cleaning and cost - we got some dark blue grey fencing that matches window frames and guttering which looks much better than beige !
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

we need glass as our pool is above and adjacent to our alfresco - with glass we should remain dry whilst eating !!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:53 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
we need glass as our pool is above and adjacent to our alfresco - with glass we should remain dry whilst eating !!
Tell the kids (and grown ups) to jump gently !
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:13 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by movetoperth
are you sure it's a company in Kewdale you pick it up from not just the haulage yard. i've bought a couple of large items from companies who i've found via ebay and had to pick them up from a haulage company who handle things for these companies here in WA..... just a thought.
Certain, they are the WA warehouse for the company on the east coast, the guy that told me about it didnt know the name of the company, as their WA warehouse is almost new, and has only been open a few months.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:20 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

After extensive searching I am pretty sure these are the guys: http://www.diyglassfencing.com.au/default.asp prices seem to start from $128 per metre + fittings
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

looks good - thank you very much - will check it out !!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:28 am
Karma earned, not whored

looks good - thank you very much - will check it out !!
No probs, I rang them earlier and was quoted $4100 for 20 metres of semi-frameless, which is about half all my other quotes, so looks like these are the guys........at last
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

that's good - did that include delivery ? Did you ask what their turn around times were ?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ljj
We've just had glass pool fence put in ... one thing we didn't even consider was the fact that birds fly straight into it, break their necks and die feet up on our deck! Fence was installed in the beginning of June and we've had 2 dead already.

LJJ
We got glass pool fencing........looks great. BUT it is very hard to keep clean!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:33 am
Karma earned, not whored

that's good - did that include delivery ? Did you ask what their turn around times were ?
It was a $190 fee for delivery, and they can turn it around in no time at all, certainly no long waits, all the panels are in stock, That price also included all the posts and a gate with fittings, I really dont see how that can be beaten.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

What a great price!! Kicking myself now

Who does the installation?