Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glasgow punters?

Glasgow punters?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

cul8rm8e will become famous soon enoughcul8rm8e will become famous soon enough
Default Glasgow punters?

Just thought i would see how many of yo guys are out there planning the big move or who have already gone? we havent got a clue where we will end up.

Mybrother stays in coogee,Sydney whichis a really nice place but FAR to expensive for us, we have thought about almost everywhere from Perth to Adelaide to Melbourne but,i think its going to or got to come down to where the work is.

Any thoughts or comments on this
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:43 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow punters?

I am Australian, girlfriend is Scotish. Staying in Glasgow at the moment. We will be relocating to Canberra this year, I'm from Canberra and I have a lot of contacts back there for employment thats why we will be settling there. Have you been to Australia before?
Jim
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

cul8rm8e will become famous soon enoughcul8rm8e will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Me an myfamily were inCoogee, Sydney for 5 weeks,came back the second week February, we love it there but the house prices are way above what we could afford.

Perth seems to be the best bet for this but its down to the work available, I`m a solid plasterer to trade

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I am Australian, girlfriend is Scotish. Staying in Glasgow at the moment. We will be relocating to Canberra this year, I'm from Canberra and I have a lot of contacts back there for employment thats why we will be settling there. Have you been to Australia before?
Jim
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:19 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cul8rm8e
Hi,

Me an myfamily were inCoogee, Sydney for 5 weeks,came back the second week February, we love it there but the house prices are way above what we could afford.

Perth seems to be the best bet for this but its down to the work available, I`m a solid plasterer to trade
I think perth is booming at the moment so you shouldn't have tropubles finding work. Also a lot of expats live there.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Jim

Hi 'Jim the Ozzie'

Do you realise now you are living in Glasgow you really should start calling yourself 'Jimmy' and tell all your Ozzie mates that Dublin is in Ireland!!!!!

Hehe old joke see thread about stupid questions in the lounge!!!!

Oh and BTW Scottish has two t's, hope your enjoying your stay in Scotland and you obviously have good taste, but I would say that would'nt I!!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Question for you Scots still back home, has the 4th series of Still Game started yet??
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:45 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
Hi 'Jim the Ozzie'

Do you realise now you are living in Glasgow you really should start calling yourself 'Jimmy' and tell all your Ozzie mates that Dublin is in Ireland!!!!!

Hehe old joke see thread about stupid questions in the lounge!!!!

Oh and BTW Scottish has two t's, hope your enjoying your stay in Scotland and you obviously have good taste, but I would say that would'nt I!!!!!
Well I used to spell it as JIMI but people kept spelling it as JIMMY or JIMMI, so to make it simple I just made it JIM. Anyway, I will tell my aussie mates that Dublin is in Ireland. Although while being here I have been asked if I'm an American or South African.
I like going through the country side of Scotland, but, I hate my job as a bus driver, the kids are out of control in some places of Glasgow. Had a group of kids spray a fire extingisher into my eyes the other night, lucky it was only water. And 1 of my colleagues had a group of kids take to him with a baseball bat. But, I'm looking at returning to Australia in August so hopefully I can stay out of trouble long enough.
Thanks for correcting me on my spelling, not 1 of my best subjects, spet more time fooling around and trying to hit on the chicks than paying attention to the school work, but, I get by.
Are you heading to Oz?
Jim
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Question for you Scots still back home, has the 4th series of Still Game started yet??

if it hsd I want a copy lol
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:20 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
if it hsd I want a copy lol

Me to Isa.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Me to Isa.

youuuuu youuuuuuuuu boy can make that comment when u start comin to school with yer face the same colour as yer neck
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Well I used to spell it as JIMI but people kept spelling it as JIMMY or JIMMI, so to make it simple I just made it JIM. Anyway, I will tell my aussie mates that Dublin is in Ireland. Although while being here I have been asked if I'm an American or South African.
I like going through the country side of Scotland, but, I hate my job as a bus driver, the kids are out of control in some places of Glasgow. Had a group of kids spray a fire extingisher into my eyes the other night, lucky it was only water. And 1 of my colleagues had a group of kids take to him with a baseball bat. But, I'm looking at returning to Australia in August so hopefully I can stay out of trouble long enough.
Thanks for correcting me on my spelling, not 1 of my best subjects, spet more time fooling around and trying to hit on the chicks than paying attention to the school work, but, I get by.
Are you heading to Oz?
Jim
Hello Jimmy

What did you tell them you were American or South African not much of a choice . All I ever got was a confused expression on their faces when I spoke to some Ozzies!!

Going by your experiences with the locals in Glasgow you obviously got the posh bus routes to drive, I hope you get danger money.

Stay safe for the remainder of your time in Scotland and be thankful that the kids did not spray you with natures own fire extinguisher.

BTW yes we are Oz bound (Perth) in the near future ca wait

ps The still game starts next month I think

pps dinna worrie aboot yir spellin cos Im shite anna
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Hi there, just to let you know few more months before Still Game is back on screens. Brilliant isnt it. Cheers Carole
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
youuuuu youuuuuuuuu boy can make that comment when u start comin to school with yer face the same colour as yer neck
hey have u noticed how much Bordy looks like winston he even has the same jacket lmao
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Hi there, just to let you know few more months before Still Game is back on screens. Brilliant isnt it. Cheers Carole
a bagza copy first