Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From Glasgow Anyone???

From Glasgow Anyone???

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

cul8rm8e will become famous soon enoughcul8rm8e will become famous soon enough
Cool From Glasgow Anyone???

Anyone out there from Sunny Glasgow planning to head down under?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:40 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: From Glasgow Anyone???

Originally Posted by cul8rm8e
My wife is from Glasgow, we just the final police check today, we are ecstatic. We are off to Melbourne, along with the other 4m people from the UK
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

HI, there is quite a few from Glasgow and down here in Ayrshire off to Oz in the next few months. There is a night out trying to be arranged. Think it is 2 April. You will see the thread. What part of Australia r u off to . Carole
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Welcome

You must be from the other side of Glasgow from me because we dont get any sun here!

Where are you heading for?

Go down a few threads. Bhoywonder has arranged a meet in the Loft on the 2nd of April at 3pm.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by flumper
Welcome

You must be from the other side of Glasgow from me because we dont get any sun here!

Where are you heading for?

Go down a few threads. Bhoywonder has arranged a meet in the Loft on the 2nd of April at 3pm.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Hi there im just curious where exactly is the Loft. Us being from outside Killie. We r not up in Glasgow all that often. Carole
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Hi there im just curious where exactly is the Loft. Us being from outside Killie. We r not up in Glasgow all that often. Carole
Hi, it is in the West End. Just off Byres Road. (Ashton Lane )
Hope you can make it.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also from Glasgow and am off to Melbourne next month.

Looking forward to meeting people in a couple of weeks though.

Cheers,

Pam.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Be prepared for loads of questions like " What part of Ireland do you come from"
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:03 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Be prepared for loads of questions like " What part of Ireland do you come from"
I was on a night out in Fremantle on Saturday, & I met a bloke who started firing endless questions at me all about Ireland this & The Irish that...
The IRA...
The History of the troubles....
Guinness...
The potato famine.... etc. etc....

I tried to answer as best I could, as I've read up a lot on Ireland over the
years, although I never actually got around to going there.

"So where are you originally from then?" he said.
"East Kilbride" I said.
"Where abouts in Ireland is that?" he said.
"About 7 miles south east of Glasgow" I said.

You're right Bordy. It happens all the time, although I can't see how people
could confuse a Scots & Irish accent!
They're totally different...
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:05 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I got that the other day..."Oh thats a lovely irish accent"...I sed " am no fae ireland am Scottish' they sed Oh from England then.....I growled "grrrrrrrrr(need the effect) NOOOO SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Is Scotland not in England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was their reply

"I'm not even gonna answer that sed I" and walked away. quiet;y seathing lol

No offence intended
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Whenever I get the "What part of Ireland are you from" now I just ask them what part of New Zealand do you come from.

Ive also had the Yeah but "Scotland is in England isn't it? " Biggy.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:13 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I get the "What part of Ireland are you from" now I just ask them what part of New Zealand do you come from.

Ive also had the Yeah but "Scotland is in England isn't it? " Biggy.

Gets right on my baps it does lol
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:04 am

LittleL is on a distinguished road

I am glad to see i am not alone when it comes to peeps thinking you are Irish when you infact Scottish. It sucks....! I get so sick of it. The other one for me is "wow your accent isn't very strong is it?" My reply being..."If I was to talk to you the way I would at home ( north east Scotland) you wouldn't have a bloody clue what I was on about...hence the lack of accent.." I don't know.

Oh and have fun at The Loft you guys meeting up there...makes me sad to hear that as I lived just a street up from Ashton Lane ( Cranworth St) when i was at uni and working there etc....it was a local watering hole...! Have a drink there for me...
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:49 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi There Just Joined Site Im From Kirkintilloch Just Outside Of Glasgow Do You No It
Jocky Boy..
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:57 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi There Just Joined Site Im From Kirkintilloch Just Outside Of Glasgow Do You No It
Jocky Boy..
Yup. My mate, who will hopefully get his Australia PR visa in the next few weeks, (and is a member of this site), is from Kilsyth.
Not too far from you.

Welcome to the forum Jocky Boy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.