Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glasgow 2nd Hand Dealers?

Glasgow 2nd Hand Dealers?

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Glasgow 2nd Hand Dealers?

Hi everyone,
I know there are plenty of people on the forum from Glasgow and I wondered if any of them could help. We are moving next year and are already starting to get rid of things we aren't taking with us. We have a lot of DVDs, CDs, books, furniture, electrical items etc and rather than going the boot sale route (since it's getting colder already!) or the EBay way (as it takes forever to post individual items), we were wondering if anyone could recommend good second hand dealers who take in boxes of stuff for cash in the Glasgow area?
I know that I'm not going to be able to make that much for alot of it, but any help would be appreciated as to where we could offload stuff for some money.
Thanks
Tracy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:41 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow 2nd Hand Dealers?

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
I know there are plenty of people on the forum from Glasgow and I wondered if any of them could help. We are moving next year and are already starting to get rid of things we aren't taking with us. We have a lot of DVDs, CDs, books, furniture, electrical items etc and rather than going the boot sale route (since it's getting colder already!) or the EBay way (as it takes forever to post individual items), we were wondering if anyone could recommend good second hand dealers who take in boxes of stuff for cash in the Glasgow area?
I know that I'm not going to be able to make that much for alot of it, but any help would be appreciated as to where we could offload stuff for some money.
Thanks
Tracy
You could try postig on eBay as a big lot. Some professional car booters look on there for their stock. Also, if you don't care about getting any money for it you could put it on freecycle. You'll not get any money, but you'll get rid of it all. One BE member recently had a garage sale and got rid of loads of stuff just be setting up outside their house.

Gill
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Tracy

Try Cash Converters
74 Renfield Street
Glasgow
G2 1NQ
0141 332 6070 , www.glasgow.cashconverters.co.uk

dont know what its like but think its like pawnbroker etc.

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Thanks for the ideas guys. I may try both! Cash Converters is a good idea because I know they take in lots of stuff, always thought maybe they were a ripoff though lol. I'm not sure really, will have to check it out. I do want to make some money from them as they're basically going to be paying for our flights.
We even have a complete home cinema to sell including 8ft electric screen, projector and amp etc!!! It's madness but hopefully it'll all go to plan.
Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

what about putting an advert in the supermart paper on weds and sats, for all your cinema stuff.When we got our first wee flat years ago , we got loads of secong hand furntiure through it all local in our area

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

I would put an advert in your local supermarkets or the free yellow paper, or go for ebay, their really the only way to get some decent money, if you go the car boot or pawn places option you would be better giving the stuff away.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Thanks
Tracy
how come you're selling all of this stuff rather than shipping it-just curious!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,
Thanks
Tracy
hi Tracy

yo could could try www.adtrader.co.uk as weve used this quite often and usually get a good amount of interest

good luck
Davy
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
how come you're selling all of this stuff rather than shipping it-just curious!
We just feel like it's pointless shipping lots of stuff when we don't really need it. We want a fresh start and want the money to spend there on new stuff so are getting rid of everything we don't really need. Want to go there with as little as possible and are planning to ship hardly anything... just a few boxes of personal items and some electrical goods.
Thanks for the suggestions.. looks like it may be ebay after all, but will also look into the other ways you've all kindly mentioned!
THanks
Tracy