Reload this Page >

gladstone v grafton v big cities

gladstone v grafton v big cities

Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

anniet24_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gladstone v grafton v big cities

Hi,

Myself and my fiance are both physiotherapists and moving to australia in january. We are looking in to potential jobs in gladstone QLD and grafton NSW. I wondered if anyone lives in either area or has had experience living or working there? We are concerned it may be a little quiet for us as we are both in our late twentys and want to move for the job opportunities but also great lifestyle. We are uaed to living in fairly busy cities, i.e liverpool, glasgow, birmingham. Our other options would be moving to sydney or brisbane but didnt want to completely rule out more rural options before getting more advice!

Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers Annie x
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:17 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gladstone v grafton v big cities

Gladstone and Grafton - two very different places. Gladstone is a coal export port which is rapidly growing as four LNG plants are in the process of construction on Curtis Island - lots of opportunities for a physiotherapist I would imagine with all that manual labour going on! Grafton on the other hand is a typical country town on a bend in the Clarence River and is mainly there as the supply town for the surrounding farmland to the west - almost all the land to the east up to the coast is State forest or National park.

Both have plenty to offer in their own way, but neither will have the same degree of manufactured entertainment (clubs, theatres, concerts, restaurants, etc) as you can find in Glasgow, Liverpool or Birmingham, so if that is important to you you'd be better looking at Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne etc. However if your interests are in outdoor life then either would be a good base, with Grafton probably slightly in front due to the lack of industrialisation.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Grafton isnt far from Byron Bay which is a lifestyle mecca, albeit a laid back one. Very scenic area but one for those that like the outdoors.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Grafton isnt far from Byron Bay which is a lifestyle mecca, albeit a laid back one. Very scenic area but one for those that like the outdoors.
2 to 3 hours for a joint seems a tad excessive to me.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
2 to 3 hours for a joint seems a tad excessive to me.
I did say it was laid back.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:08 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Hmmmm Gladstone..... not the first on the list for exciting social events. Tannum Sands/Boyne Island is quite nice but dont expect any real nightlife, it's good if you want the relaxing outdoor lifestyle but it's not 'kickin'