Reload this Page >

Gladstone, QLD. Primary Schools and general info

Gladstone, QLD. Primary Schools and general info

Old May 4th 2014, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gladstone, QLD. Primary Schools and general info

Hi there
We're moving to Gladstone in the next couple of months....EXCITING!!
My daughter is 5 and I'm really struggling to decide on a school choice. We're not religious but would consider either a private or state school. There is only so much you can read about schools online - does anyone have and personal knowledge and advice on schools in Gladstone please?

Also wondered if anyone has any general advice on the area? I have a sponsored visa offer and have visited the area once before, earlies this year when I had my interview.

Thanks in advance!
Jill
Old May 5th 2014, 12:54 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gladstone, QLD. Primary Schools and general info

Originally Posted by jillyrj
Hi there
We're moving to Gladstone in the next couple of months....EXCITING!!
My daughter is 5 and I'm really struggling to decide on a school choice. We're not religious but would consider either a private or state school. There is only so much you can read about schools online - does anyone have and personal knowledge and advice on schools in Gladstone please?

Also wondered if anyone has any general advice on the area? I have a sponsored visa offer and have visited the area once before, earlies this year when I had my interview.

Thanks in advance!
Jill
Are you going to be living in Gladstone itself or are looking at the surrounding suburbs too? Just I always think that tannum sands just 20 mins south of Gladstone is a much nicer part of town for family's with very nice schools both state and private.

I used to live there myself and my boy went to the private primary school St Francis, it was very reasonable and the staff were all lovely. He really enjoyed his time there and was very happy, never had any problems with other kids or teachers. He used to ride his bike to school himself as he got older and on the way home at night would often stop at the river to fish with his handline or just climb some trees. It's a great place for kids to be kids still and get outside in the fresh air.
Old May 5th 2014, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Are you going to be living in Gladstone itself or are looking at the surrounding suburbs too? Just I always think that tannum sands just 20 mins south of Gladstone is a much nicer part of town for family's with very nice schools both state and private.

I used to live there myself and my boy went to the private primary school St Francis, it was very reasonable and the staff were all lovely. He really enjoyed his time there and was very happy, never had any problems with other kids or teachers. He used to ride his bike to school himself as he got older and on the way home at night would often stop at the river to fish with his handline or just climb some trees. It's a great place for kids to be kids still and get outside in the fresh air.
Thanks Kelli.
I'd consider any of the local schools in surrounding suburbs too. We visited Tannum and agree it's beautiful. Our friends living there use tannum high for their daughter but it's a long bus journey and an early start from Gladstone each morning. I'll be working in Gladstone, near kin kora.
I'll need to use childcare services too I think as my working hours are between 7am and 7pm. Do schools have before and after school clubs?
I really appreciate your advice!
Thanks
Old May 6th 2014, 1:29 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jillyrj
Thanks Kelli.
I'd consider any of the local schools in surrounding suburbs too. We visited Tannum and agree it's beautiful. Our friends living there use tannum high for their daughter but it's a long bus journey and an early start from Gladstone each morning. I'll be working in Gladstone, near kin kora.
I'll need to use childcare services too I think as my working hours are between 7am and 7pm. Do schools have before and after school clubs?
I really appreciate your advice!
Thanks
If they don't have a after school club there's a bus from the local child care center that will pick the kids up from school and take them to the center, I know this was the case when my son was at school.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Wallac85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jill, did you pick a school? My wife and two boys may be moving over with me and we were having the same problem. My relocation guide said her kids go the the star of the sea and they love it. Any feedback on what you ended up doing would be great. Thanks Chris
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,
Still haven't made it over - awaiting nurse registration to be able to make the move and there have been huge delays in processing.
Please keep us informed on how you get on?
All the best