Gladstone

Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:40 pm
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gladstone

A job offer in Gladstone, anyone have any info on the area and desirable surrounding areas to live?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gladstone

Originally Posted by sarahinnz
A job offer in Gladstone, anyone have any info on the area and desirable surrounding areas to live?
Probably not that many around sunday morning, try a search on gladstone, should be lots of threads on it
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:23 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahinnz
I used to live in tannum sands 20 mins south of Gladstone it's a beautiful area, I really miss it.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarahinnz,

I haven't been to Gladstone but I've been reading up on the area for a forthcoming holiday in QLD:

It's situated between Bundaberg on the Coral Coast and Rockhampton on the Capricorn Coast, lying about 110 kms south of Rockhampton and the Tropic of Capricorn.

Gladstone itself is a fairly substantial port, primarily exporting coal from the inland Queensland coalfields and the prot is being expanded to handle LNG exports The population of the place is around 30,000 and year-round temepratures range from an average 13c in June/July to an average 31c in Dec/Jan...much of the rain falls between November and March.

If you like water activities, there is great access to some of the islands in the southern section of the great barrier reef marine park and inland, there are a handful of national parks within a 100 km drive

regards

Rhubarb
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
temepratures range from an average 13c in June/July
...I think that should be 23C!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

i am in gladstone and would recommend Tannum Sands.
30 mins into gladstone, but just a lot better lifestyle than Gladstone, in my humble opinion

I was in Chch before i made a move over to AU, got to say, it was too easy to fit in.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:01 am
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'm also moving over from Christchurch and with all the info ive collected so far Tannum sands seems to be the place to live.
Great to hear from somebody who has first hand experience of living there.
Now thats the easy bit done now to organise the rest of moving a family of 4 with a dog across the ditch!

Thankyou for your info