GKR Karate

Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default GKR Karate

Hello all,

Just had a chap from GKR Karate round to tell the kids about their Karate school in Helensvale. He was a bit hard sell and disappeared when I said I was checking them out on the net. Has any one else had any experience of them? The kids are really interested in starting a karate class but I want to send them to some body reputable.

Thanks,
Ren
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all
Default Re: GKR Karate

Our 11 year old does karate with GKR here in the UK and will be transferring her belts over to GKR Australia. They have been fantastic and we are very impressed.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Do they operate the same way in the UK i.e. door knocking to get business? The bloke was pretty full on trying to get us to make a payment there and then.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I know about them is that they hire our Student Centre for their classes and have a fair number of students. Never heard of the cold calling business though, nor seen any advertising. They pay their bills on time though.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

I think so. That was how we found out about them. I refused to pay in full and only paid for a trial session. Our daughter loved it and she has been with them for about 3 years. Her instructor is from Melbourne and this school started in Australia I think.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Aus is like US with martial arts being more commercial.

I would look for an instructor who does it for love than money.

Son paid $7 for 1.5hr ju-jitsu lesson in Melbourne with 4th dan - lovely lady who teaches part-time in evening and weekend. Most times he went, there was him, 15 year old yellow belt, her son, 19 year old blue belt, and 4 black belts. Excellent value for money!!!

In UK he paid 50p for 1.5hr lesson with judo lesson from guy who had a brtish flag and olympic rings on his gi. The price increased to £1 before we came here - genuinely apologetic.

I reckon $7 is about right.

Ian