Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Giving up smoking!!

Giving up smoking!!

Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:05 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Giving up smoking!!

I am giving up smoking on Monday (again) anyone else given up recently or about too!
Top tips and advice to help me along!!

Kris xx
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Giving up smoking!!

Originally Posted by kris maynard
I am giving up smoking on Monday (again) anyone else given up recently or about too!

Kris xx
I gave up at Easter after reading Alan Carrs book about it.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:11 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Kris xx
Tips and advice, OK you have come to the right place.

Stop doing it, you are killing yourself, probably depriving your children/potential children of a mother, and if you are anything like my grandad, going to die a very slow painful death. Its not hard to do if you have all the facts. Easy for me to say I know, as I dont smoke. Speaking also as a guy who has kissed the odd female smoker, there really is nothing worse than kissing a smokey mouth.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:11 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I gave up at Easter after reading Alan Carrs book about it.
Well done!
My mate went on one of his lectures has his book at home still smokes!

I know most of giving up is psycological have done it before so I know i can do it!

Kris x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:12 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby (LilStewie ) gave up again last weekend - he`s using the chewing gum, it seems to be working apart from the fact he a bit of a grumpy git (no change really !! )
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:17 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Tips and advice, OK you have come to the right place.

Stop doing it, you are killing yourself, probably depriving your children/potential children of a mother, and if you are anything like my grandad, going to die a very slow painful death. Its not hard to do if you have all the facts. Easy for me to say I know, as I dont smoke. Speaking also as a guy who has kissed the odd female smoker, there really is nothing worse than kissing a smokey mouth.
I know i am the worlds worst ex smoker ( i have given up before) each time I was pregnant,and a few other times, Rob, smokes as well so when he used to come home from work stinking no matter if he had showererd cleaned his teeth mouthwashed the lot i could still smell it! It is foul!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:17 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Hubby (LilStewie ) gave up again last weekend - he`s using the chewing gum, it seems to be working apart from the fact he a bit of a grumpy git (no change really !! )

yep thats what I used last time so will use it again!

Kris x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

yep thats what I used last time so will use it again!

Kris x
Wasting your money Kris, get the book, its permanent. The gum is a quick fix.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:22 pm
Happy Member

Will borrow mates I reckon, Ive still got the gum from last time only used it for a couple of days i think its about focusing really!!

We shall see!!

Kris x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:25 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

A strong mind and a strong will are all you need, its like all these people who cant lose weight, there are only four words needed for guaranteed weight loss 'eat less, exercise more' its that simple, smoking is the same, nobody forces them into your mouth, if you dont buy them you cant smoke them. Force yourself not to smoke, and be strong with yourself, dont have one of those moments 'Oh the goldfish has died, I need a ciggie" because you dont, it wont bring the goldfish back. Throw your current packet away, live a healthier life, more exercise etc and find new things to occupy your mind, instead of obsessing about cigs, and how long it is since you had one................a strong mind is what you need, and you will pull it off.

Good luck
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up 3 years ago but have only really kicked the cravings in the last 18 months. As you know it's really hard to do and you will be grumpy as hell.

At the end of the day patches, gum etc help to begin with but you ultimately need will power. I went cold turkey as that worked best for me. Hubby tried hypnotherapy last year which worked for 6 weeks and this year has tried chinese therapy (drinking some disgusting tea which cost a fortune). He had a 6 week course of the tea and acupunture and still smokes. He's been told he needs a further course. I say 'save your money'.
The next thing he'll try is being nagged - I'll make sure of that !

Good luck
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:29 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by ohippy
I gave up 3 years ago but have only really kicked the cravings in the last 18 months. As you know it's really hard to do and you will be grumpy as hell.

At the end of the day patches, gum etc help to begin with but you ultimately need will power. I went cold turkey as that worked best for me. Hubby tried hypnotherapy last year which worked for 6 weeks and this year has tried chinese therapy (drinking some disgusting tea which cost a fortune). He had a 6 week course of the tea and acupunture and still smokes. He's been told he needs a further course. I say 'save your money'.
The next thing he'll try is being nagged - I'll make sure of that !

Good luck
And are you 23 stone to now??
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

It's been 11 months since i gave up and never felt better....Dead proud of myself too if i say so myself as it was 5months prior to recieving the visa (atleast 2months of that time living with the mother in law)!! :scared: and then another 6months starting my new life...what im trying to say is no time is a good time but i reckon i must of picked one of the most stressfull times to do it in

GoodLuck

Claire
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

And are you 23 stone to now??
Not quite !! I did gain 3 stone which I moaned about at the smokers clinic, but they told me to tackle the smoking first and then the weight. So now I'm working on the weight - only 1 st 11 pounds to go !!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:09 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice
Wink Re: Giving up smoking!!

If you really and truly want to give up smoking you are half way there....but... giving up is easy!
its not ever having another one that is the hard bit.
Well done on your decision. Think about what really motivates you and when you have the urge to light up ...stop.. take a deep breath and think about the reason you gave up in the first place.
Kinesiology can help you and also hypnotherapy, but ultimatly the decision comes from you.
Good Luck
Ange x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.