Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Giving Up !!!!!!!

Giving Up !!!!!!!

Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Giving Up !!!!!!!

decide to try and stop smoking again, i managed it last year for 9 months with the help of zyban but started smoking again at xmas (it was the alchol)
and the excitment of getting the visa.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get zyban on prescription from the doctors in the goldcoast . In the uk you had to join a smoking sessation group before the doctor would prescribe it. I'am determined this time to do it.

lesley
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving Up !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JJL family
decide to try and stop smoking again, i managed it last year for 9 months with the help of zyban but started smoking again at xmas (it was the alchol)

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get zyban on prescription from the doctors in the goldcoast . In the uk you had to join a smoking sessation group before the doctor would prescribe it. I'am determined this time to do it.

lesley
yir , do a search on the brand name, someone told me they got it from the doc. good luck
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Try the patches, one on each eye...

...then you wont be able to find your ciggies!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Try the patches, one on each eye...

...then you wont be able to find your ciggies!!!!

very funny, i like that one LOL
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:31 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

lesley
Just wanted to wish you luck! I gave up 12 years ago and have never touched one since! And that was without the use of anything just sheer willpower, oh and my hubby buying me a car for giving up. (couldn't very well start smoking after getting the car could I!) Perhaps you could get someone to buy you a car as encouragement!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

lesley

Good luck Lesley. I gave up this morning! Only had a couple of "urges" thoughout the day.
I on the patches, but not over my eyes as i couldnt read BE
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

lesley

I have no idea but GOOD LUCK with it, I have been forced to quit while we save for australia. I dont smoke during the week any more but buy the odd 10 deck when im having a drink or 6 lol.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:05 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up with CARR - EASYWAY TO STOP SMOKING book...

havnt smoked or even missed it for over 4 yrs... very very easy....
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Goodluck, my hubbie used the gum. He gave up a couple of years ago.

Katie
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

lesley
Gave up last year - [SMUG MODE ] - and read Allen Carr (sp?) but thought his book vastly overrated.

My advice - forget about patches, gum, zyban whatever - just find yourself a nice quiet three day slot where you isolate yourself from anything connected with smoking and then just ..............STOP. Its hell for three days but after that no real problem. Smoking is 99% psychology - if you tell yourself you are not going to smoke .......you won't.

Good luck
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Just want to wish you luck!! I gave up last october right in the middle of waiting for our visa. I use to smoke 20-30 aday, wasnt the best times to decide to pack em up with all the added stress but it makes me all the more proud of myself for doing it....if you are determined enough you will do it!

All the best
Claire
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:18 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Giving Up !!!!!!!

lesley
me and jonah's mummy gave up the day we found out claire was pregnant with jonah so nearly 3 years ago ........just waiting for baby no2 to be born
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Good luck with your decision to stop smoking. We must say that after watching a life down under ( for about the 50th time ) one of the people on there said that she felt really bad that she smoked and felt quite ostracised when asked at her college and was the only one who did. So maybe you can use this as motivation to help blend in more
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

My husband and I gave up almost 3 and a half years ago. We also used ALLEN CARR's book and found it really quite easy. We had the added incentive that we were due to start IVF treatment 4 months after we gave up, which I am sure helped - esp. now we have a 26 month old

If the drugs don't work - I'd give the book a try

Best of luck to you
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:44 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I'am determined this time to do it.

lesley
So you will!!!

It's not easy -,I smoked for 25 years, about 20 a day, and tried many times during that period to give up. I eventually managed it when I was least expecting to, and not even trying. Just woke up one morning and realised I didn't need the habit any more. Didn't even get that much nicotine withdrawal - hands were a little shaky after about a week, but it soon passed, and I have never had one since. (Mind, there have been times over the past few weeks when I would have killed for a ciggie!)

But with this attitude you will succeed. You could also try some homoeopathic nux vomica to help you along the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.