Wikiposts

Giving them up

Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving them up

Thought this one might raise a smile - I have a mate at work who was given a nicotine patch to try out. She didn't fancy it, so stuck it on the metal case she has to hold her cigarette packet. An older lady at work saw it and said to her "the idea is that you stick it on your arm not on the box, my dear". My friend looked at her, feigning stunned amazement, and said "OMG, thats why its not working then! Thanks soooo much, I've had it for months and nothing happened. I was starting to think I should roll it up and smoke it." The other poor lady thought she was serious!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
CYPRY...perfect opportunity to do it dude!!!

I intend to do the same, might allow myself one when we land as that has become a ritual over the years of flying, but then no more!!

Good luck with it!
GUILDFORD..... not far from me .. Walton-on-Thames.... What stage you at with the migrate.... The one when you land has got to be the worst one I've ever had. All that time without one (21 hrs odd) dry, aviation mouth and then you go sucking on a gasper bcos you can. But I still do it anyway!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah,
I'm another one who wants to give up before we go to Australia ! my husband gave up 4 months ago and has found it very easy, but i dont think I'm going to be as lucky as him ! I work in a school, & today had someone giving the kids a talk on drugs & alcohol, when it had finished i was just having a chat with him & mentioned i was a 20 a day smoker, he then asked if i wanted to do a test to see how much carbon dioxide ( i think thats what is was !) was in my lungs. :scared: so i hold my breath for 15 seconds then blow down this tube, it came back with a reading of 19 ! this means that 19% of my lungs has has this instead of oxygen !

I will be going to get my patches first thing Monday morning !!!

Just hope i get addicted to something like exercise instead !!

Nicky
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:05 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by cypry
GUILDFORD..... not far from me .. Walton-on-Thames.... What stage you at with the migrate.... The one when you land has got to be the worst one I've ever had. All that time without one (21 hrs odd) dry, aviation mouth and then you go sucking on a gasper bcos you can. But I still do it anyway!!!!!
CYPRY

Stage we're at.........visa application JUST about to be submitted after sponsor finally getting his arse in gear!
Have front loaded with Police Checks and medicals will be in next couple of weeks!
According to agent, we will get a result in about 12 weeks from submission of application.....it's gonna be the longest 12 weeks of our life that's for sure!

What about yourself.....where you heading as well? Brisbane here (we think!)

As for that post flight ciggy, I personally find it one of the most satisfying you could possibly have!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
CYPRY

Stage we're at.........visa application JUST about to be submitted after sponsor finally getting his arse in gear!
Have front loaded with Police Checks and medicals will be in next couple of weeks!
According to agent, we will get a result in about 12 weeks from submission of application.....it's gonna be the longest 12 weeks of our life that's for sure!

What about yourself.....where you heading as well? Brisbane here (we think!)

As for that post flight ciggy, I personally find it one of the most satisfying you could possibly have!!!
RobnCaz,
I guess I'm lucky as my situation was easy compared to most of the people on this site... My wife's Australian and we've been together for 15 years (less for murder) 5 of those married... Just a chore filling the forms in, it was a cut and shut case really. I got my first visa in 99 but did not use it for one reason or another.. Ran out last year and re-applied Christmas time got it in about 4 weeks. I think having two small children now made up my mind to go down under. We will have more family support there than here. It is going to be better for the children and more exciting for us. We're going to Melbourne.
Anyway guys good luck with the application, I'm sure you'll do it and the best smoke is after dinner!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thought this one might raise a smile - I have a mate at work who was given a nicotine patch to try out. She didn't fancy it, so stuck it on the metal case she has to hold her cigarette packet. An older lady at work saw it and said to her "the idea is that you stick it on your arm not on the box, my dear". My friend looked at her, feigning stunned amazement, and said "OMG, thats why its not working then! Thanks soooo much, I've had it for months and nothing happened. I was starting to think I should roll it up and smoke it." The other poor lady thought she was serious!!!
PMSL