Wikiposts

Giving them up

Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default Giving them up

Some of you will say, "If you really want to, then do it today", but I can't. I'm a twenty a day man and see my move to Australia as an ideal opportunity to pack the fags in. I mean, a new life without the familiar trappings, situations and routines. Day 1 in Oz and I ain't gonner smoke no more. Unless of course it really is hell living with the in-laws for a few months :scared:
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Giving them up

Originally Posted by cypry
Some of you will say, "If you really want to, then do it today", but I can't. I'm a twenty a day man and see my move to Australia as an ideal opportunity to pack the fags in. I mean, a new life without the familiar trappings, situations and routines. Day 1 in Oz and I ain't gonner smoke no more. Unless of course it really is hell living with the in-laws for a few months :scared:
Good on ya! My husband did the same when we went on the working holiday visa and it worked well. Good Luck !
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: Giving them up

CYPRY...perfect opportunity to do it dude!!!

I intend to do the same, might allow myself one when we land as that has become a ritual over the years of flying, but then no more!!

Good luck with it!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:53 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up cos Im going.....meds to get through an all....its been a lot easier than I imagined
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:56 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

I've promised myself I'll give up before we go !
However I'm still trying to psyche myself up for it, visa will be going in this/next week so maybe a good time for me...
Carole
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up 9 years ago from 25-30 a day. Mind you I had flu so bad I couldnt smoke for 2 weeks and after that I thought take it one day at a time. Now I dont even think about it although for many months I used to dream I was smoking and wake up thinking you stupid cow why did you start again only to realise it was a dream.

You will not regret it and at least it willmake the 24 hr flight easier for you.

Jo
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho
I gave up 9 years ago from 25-30 a day. Mind you I had flu so bad I couldnt smoke for 2 weeks and after that I thought take it one day at a time. Now I dont even think about it although for many months I used to dream I was smoking and wake up thinking you stupid cow why did you start again only to realise it was a dream.

You will not regret it and at least it willmake the 24 hr flight easier for you.

Jo
I get those dreams as well. I wake up convinced and worried that I have restarted smoking 20 a day.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:10 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

My husband listened to a CD by Jason Vale (The Juice Master - don't ask!) to give up smoking. The CD takes about 2 and a half hours and that is it. No more fags, no cravings, no bad moods, no withdrawal symptoms. Everyone he has loaned it to has had the same result, including my BIL who smoked nearly 60 a day for 30 years!!! You can get it from Amazon.

Good luck

If this works for loads of people then I want royalties Mr Vale!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:15 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I was quit for 5 years before we moved out to the sticks and then 'having a fag' of an evening was viewed as a kind of little luxury and we started again, though not as heavily as before. It's been stop-start since then, but I've not had one for about a week now and, combined with dusting down my mountain-bike and getting my fat arse out on the country lanes, I'm hoping that's it. Couldn't face another long-haul float with that addiction to contend with anyway.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:51 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
I get those dreams as well. I wake up convinced and worried that I have restarted smoking 20 a day.
Hey Bondipom, what's your timeline for?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

They sell 'em in bigger packs here, it saves wearing those wheezy old lungs out going to shops.

Australia, is there no end to the wonder?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise4
Hey Bondipom, what's your timeline for?
Mrs BPs pregnancy.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:59 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Mrs BPs pregnancy.
How exciting, good luck. Is it your first? All the best
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:00 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I gave up on Easter Monday after reading Alan Carrs book, so far so good even though one of my fellow BE friends just had a dream the other night that I died of a heart attack. :scared:
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:01 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs BPs pregnancy.
I bet you can't wait. good luck and congratulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.