Reload this Page >

give blood before you go!!!

give blood before you go!!!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default give blood before you go!!!

HI,

Totally random thread but just like to point out if you lived in britain in the 80's, can't rememebr the specific time period they won't let you give blood in Oz because of CJD. So give a pint before you go or you might not get the chance again and what goes around comes around!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:02 pm
Merlot

Default Re: give blood before you go!!!

Originally Posted by rita
HI,

Totally random thread but just like to point out if you lived in britain in the 80's, can't rememebr the specific time period they won't let you give blood in Oz because of CJD. So give a pint before you go or you might not get the chance again and what goes around comes around!
1980 I believe is the case and I would like to support this thread and get ya to give a pint before you leave.

Good post.

M

Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
1980 I believe is the case and I would like to support this thread and get ya to give a pint before you leave.

Good post.

M
You are not allowed to give blood if you have lived in the UK at all in recent years.

This also applies to Australians who have lived in the UK for any length of time.

Same rules apply in the USA and other countries.

God bless Selwyn Gummer

G
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rita
HI,

That's a good call.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:45 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's a good call.
I suppose this another thing that the rest of the world has used to bash the British....Football thugs, CHAVS, Binge drinkers and now our blood is getting slagged off....!!!!! What next I wonder..
CORKER
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

That's a good call.
I second or third it too

Which reminds me I should give blood

I've needed it b4 in an emergency (motorbike accident), I had 11 pints pumped into me in a 10 minute journey to the local hospital! I'm only small build and was told my body don't hold much more than that!!

I think It's only right, what comes around and all that.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

I would if I could but Ive had a blood transfusion so Im not allowed.
A big pat on the back for all those who do, and thanks, because of people like you people like me are still here.
Hilary
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Which reminds me I should give blood
Me too. I've missed a few sessions lately. I wasn't allowed for a spell after going to Mexico, then I've moved house ....
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hilary6
I would if I could but Ive had a blood transfusion so Im not allowed
Dammmm!! ....... well that counts me out too then!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure does Jim
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Great Thread

We have both been to give blood in the last two weeks and thought it would be our last chance.

We feel a bit let down that we can't continue to give blood in Oz, surely they could test the red stuff in this day in age for CJD, we feel it is one thing we can help with and give back.

Bloody hell its worth the free tunnocks wafer at the end of it!!

Dissapointed we can't donate

Bill
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Sure does Jim
Yeah as crazy as it sounds, I just realised when Hilary said about the transfusion.

That's forever I take it, or a time limit b4 you could ?!?!

Any idea?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

Yeah as crazy as it sounds, I just realised when Hilary said about the transfusion.

That's forever I take it, or a time limit b4 you could ?!?!

Any idea?
I think it's forever.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

I think it's forever.
pitty. ok ta
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:01 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

I did not know about this and thats a real shame as I have been donating blood for just over 18 years. Nearly up to my 50th time too. When I first started you were only allowed to donate twice a year and a few years ago it was changed to 3 times a year.

I have missed a few donations and have always felt guilty for not making it.

This now seems rediculous!

R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.