Girls question

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:56 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Girls question

I do not like white cars...sorry if any of you have one it's just a thing I don't like.

Anyway looking at the various car websites all I can see is stacks of white cars!

Just wondering is there a reason why there are so many white - to do with the heat??..and not so many black?

......I contacted a dealer in Perth today I can put $500 deposit on a new car and it will be ready when we arrive just have to pay the balance up.........no haven't won the lotto, know I said I wanted a 4X4 but I am getting a ickle Yaris/Echo thing!. Anyone got one of these?

Max x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:00 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

why was this a girls question?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girls question

Originally posted by maxpaxx
I do not like white cars...sorry if any of you have one it's just a thing I don't like.

Anyway looking at the various car websites all I can see is stacks of white cars!

Just wondering is there a reason why there are so many white - to do with the heat??..and not so many black?

......I contacted a dealer in Perth today I can put $500 deposit on a new car and it will be ready when we arrive just have to pay the balance up.........no haven't won the lotto, know I said I wanted a 4X4 but I am getting a ickle Yaris/Echo thing!. Anyone got one of these?

Max x
Hi Max

You are right, it is due to the heat.

Last year we went to South Africa and were amazed that around 75% of cars were white. We were told "who would want a black or dark coloured car when its so hot"

Gravyman
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:04 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Max x

yeah i don't like em either...... i think they get dirty lookin to quick....

but andy ses we will have one in oz

1. it will reflect the sun

2. keeps the colour..... (racin green is what i like.....but will fade)

love boomie
xx
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:05 pm

Originally posted by artep
why was this a girls question?
..come on ..car colour..do men ever talk about this?

I am always ridiculed in car dealers for making this an important issue..it is to me I have got a thing about colours!

Max x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:07 pm

Originally posted by Boomie
yeah i don't like em either...... i think they get dirty lookin to quick....

but andy ses we will have one in oz

1. it will reflect the sun

2. keeps the colour..... (racin green is what i like.....but will fade)

love boomie
xx
Trouble is I like black! Thats out the window then!!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:09 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats right,
As an expert in my field of vehicle paint technology , i can safely say that most cars are white in Oz to reflect the heat, as white does not absorb uv rays like a dark colour would, thus not oxodizing/ dulling the paint as quick:lecture:

Arron
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:09 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

oh right!! I must admit I've never been in a position to be able to choose the colour of my car. Its just been a case of seeing a car within my budget...take it or leave it.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:23 pm

oh right!! I must admit I've never been in a position to be able to choose the colour of my car. Its just been a case of seeing a car within my budget...take it or leave it.
In my younger more foolish days I have bought new cars on HP - not within my budget either! Then I had a company car so I was able to chose that. Since I have been a housewife I have been demoted to a 95 Punto. I have saved up really hard to buy a car with power steering - a luxury after my Punto! I want me and my girls to have a bit of comfort and reliability especially with no rellies or friends in a strange country

Max x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:28 pm
....is FAB

I want me and my girls to have a bit of comfort and reliability especially with no rellies or friends in a strange country

Max x
I don't blame ya! Air con in the car in Oz is a must for me!!!!

We've only ever bought second/third/fourth hand cars before. Our present car we bought off my parents, its the first car we've had with power steering. And what a luxury!!! Especially in pompey where parking spaces are the size of a postage stamp!!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:35 pm

I don't blame ya! Air con in the car in Oz is a must for me!!!!

We've only ever bought second/third/fourth hand cars before. Our present car we bought off my parents, its the first car we've had with power steering. And what a luxury!!! Especially in pompey where parking spaces are the size of a postage stamp!!!
LOL

The funny thing is people stare at me when I m trying to park or something like I am a crap driver because it takes so long..little do they know I am turning my steering wheel 100 times!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:39 pm
....is FAB

LOL

The funny thing is people stare at me when I m trying to park or something like I am a crap driver because it takes so long..little do they know I am turning my steering wheel 100 times!
LOL I know that feeling!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:11 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

..come on ..car colour..do men ever talk about this?
Surely you jest!!! You will never see me own a red car! (No, especially not a red Ferrari.)