Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Girls night out! (re: mummy's meet south brisbane)

Girls night out! (re: mummy's meet south brisbane)

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Girls night out! (re: mummy's meet south brisbane)

The girls and I have been discussing a night out and thought it would be good to do one end of Nov/begin of Dec before things get hectic leading up to Christmas and people going away. So that we can have a relaxing drink or two and celebrate Christmas and birthdays as a few of the girls' are having birthdays around that time too.

So first of all we need to work out which date is going to suit the majority of us. Please let me know which date is best for you out of:

Saturday 29th November or Saturday 6th December

Once we have confirmed the date we can then discuss where/what we want to do in the city. Any ideas please feel free to let us know.

Lianne
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:48 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Girls night out! (re: mummy's meet south brisbane)

I can do 29th Nov at a push the 6th Dec as I was planning on going to the carols in the city on the 6th Dec and was gonna see if anyone fancied going I think it starts mid day in the Botanical Gardens (I think).

The 6th is my bday though and it would be nice to get out for a few drinks though

Jo
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Sharon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joh117
I can do 29th Nov at a push the 6th Dec as I was planning on going to the carols in the city on the 6th Dec and was gonna see if anyone fancied going I think it starts mid day in the Botanical Gardens (I think).

The 6th is my bday though and it would be nice to get out for a few drinks though

Jo
Hi, I would be up for a few drinks, I work full time and my son is part time at Kindy and the rest of the time looked after by my OH so I can never get to any of the mummy meet ups in the week but likewise am not getting to meet many other people. Any Sat ok for me...not like I have a busy social calendar, just need to sweet talk hubby to babysit!!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:32 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

6th December is good for me.

Would be great to get out and let my hair down!!

Esther
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sharon1
Hi, I would be up for a few drinks, I work full time and my son is part time at Kindy and the rest of the time looked after by my OH so I can never get to any of the mummy meet ups in the week but likewise am not getting to meet many other people. Any Sat ok for me...not like I have a busy social calendar, just need to sweet talk hubby to babysit!!
Likewise, my social calender is decidedly lacking that I too can do either date.
Do like the sound of carols in the city, although I am a bit of a 'ba humbug' when it comes to any other aspect of Christmas!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:11 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

This is the carols in the city link it does look a good day out starting from 12pm in the botanical gardens.

http://www.carolsinthecity.com.au/

but I know most want to go out on the 6th Dec rather 29th Nov.

Jo
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yeh, it looks like the girls' night out is going to be the 6th Dec!
A lot of the girls' could do either but only one maybe can't make the 6th but there are 4 that definately can't make the 29th.

So now we need to decide what we would like to do:

Dinner and drinks or just drinks ???????????

Ideas please

(if you weren't at the BBQ today or have already let me know you're preferred date, you are still more than welcome to join us on the 6th, please let me know if you are interested)
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Jo, Is the carol thing something that you could still do before heading out in the evening or is it an all day/eve thing? Olivia maybe interested in going to it for a little while around lunchtime!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:21 pm
Pass The Post

It starts at lunch but there are some stars (if you call them that though James Morrison is one and I like his music) playing from 7.30pm. I was thinking of taking Erykah at lunchtime for a few hrs. We could discuss wed meet with the others.

Jo
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Attendees so far for the girls' night out on 6th Dec are:

Lianne
Sharon J
Kat
Esther
Jo
Karen
Maria
Sharon M
Chrissie
Terri
Bobbi
Stella
Sally
Leanne

Maybe's:
Nikki

If anyone else would like to join us, please let us know!

Any ideas on what we can do will be much appreciated!

Last edited by liannems; Oct 27th 2008 at 1:21 am. Reason: left out something
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

KatC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Can I please put my name down to? I only found this site today (not sure why it took so long!) been here over a year now. I am planning to come along to the mummy meet's but have doctors on this weds, so have to be the next one. I have 2 girls aged 3 and 5 months, but would love to get out for just one night, just need the husband to agree to babysit, which I'm sure he will.

Thanks
Katie
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

HI Katie,

Yes you're more than welcome to join us on the 6th!

Also the next mummy's meet will be on Fri 7th Nov, look on the thread after tomorrows meet to see where!

Will be good to meet you.

Lianne
(I have a 2.5 yr old girl and a 6 month old boy)
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

KatC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lianne, Many thanks for your reply.

Also, for the mummy meet ups - Is it best to catch the train for southbank or drive?? I am on the North side.

Katie
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:12 pm
Pass The Post

Kat

I drive from northside easier than the train with kids

Jo
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Ok girls, attendees update:

Lianne
Sharon J
Kat
Esther
Jo
Karen
Maria
Sharon M
Chrissie
Terri
Bobbi
Stella
Sally
Leanne
Jacqui
Jette (sorry if spelt wrong!)

Maybe's:
Nikki

I was talking to a few of the girls today regarding what to do and pretty much everyone said a meal and drinks. A few recommended eating in Southbank, I've rung 9 restaurants in the area and only 2 could give us a table big enough because of the time of year! We decided that if we started off early (table for 6pm) then those who didn't want to eat could join us afterwards for drinks around 8pm ish. So the choices of restaurants are:

Chez Laila - it's lebanese and mains are between $15-$23
website is: www.chezlaila.com.au
OR
Star on Stanley - It's Modern Australian and mains are between $14-$23.50

(Jo, I checked they both do vegetarian choices)

So, what do people think? We probably need to make a decision pretty quickly as being so close to Christmas!!!

Anyone who woud still like to join us is more than welcome to but please let me know!

Last edited by liannems; Oct 29th 2008 at 5:57 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.