British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Girlie mates - Sydney (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/girlie-mates-sydney-583544/)

Fleurs Jan 12th 2009 5:41 am

Girlie mates - Sydney

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I have just moved to Sydney from London. We are planning to attend the next set of drinks in the city but I would really love to get together for a bit of a girls night out / lunch / etc if anyone fancies it?

I'm really missing my girlfriends back home terribly and so making new (& great) ones here is very important to me.

A bit more about me... I am 28 and perfectly normal (aren't we all) in the sense that I don't have two green heads. I work in the city and enjoy laughing, cooking, restaurants, spas, wine, vodka, dogs, shoes, dancing when drunk, singstar when drunk, diving, kayaking, tennis, sitting around in pyjamas and loads of other things blah blah blah.

If I haven't bored you yet and you're feeling brave then let me know! :thumbsup:

xxx

itsonlyme Jan 12th 2009 9:41 am

Re: Girlie mates - Sydney

Hi, welcome to sydney :thumbsup:

Whereabouts are you? I know how you feel regarding missing your mates...slowly but surely you will meet new people.

Im not in the city much so wondered where you lived... I live in Prestons (near Liverpool).

Im older than you.. in fact I turned 40 today :eek: :eek: :eek: but happy to meet if we are nearby.

anita :thumbup:

kicking_k Jan 12th 2009 9:52 am

HI

Hubbie and I are moving to Sydney in march, I am 28, he is 30 I will be starting work as a nurse, hubbie will be findng work! We will be planning on attending one of the sydney meetups when we arrive for a drink or two and are keen to meet new friends!

K xx

briwi Jan 12th 2009 8:45 pm

Definitely come on Thursday night where you will find many girlies - and say the word karaoke/singstar and we're off like a shot. Swerv-O should post the suggestion of this weeks venue today or tomorrow

helsbells79 Jan 12th 2009 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Fleurs (Post 7154953)
Hi there,

My boyfriend and I have just moved to Sydney from London. We are planning to attend the next set of drinks in the city but I would really love to get together for a bit of a girls night out / lunch / etc if anyone fancies it?

I'm really missing my girlfriends back home terribly and so making new (& great) ones here is very important to me.

A bit more about me... I am 28 and perfectly normal (aren't we all) in the sense that I don't have two green heads. I work in the city and enjoy laughing, cooking, restaurants, spas, wine, vodka, dogs, shoes, dancing when drunk, singstar when drunk, diving, kayaking, tennis, sitting around in pyjamas and loads of other things blah blah blah.

If I haven't bored you yet and you're feeling brave then let me know! :thumbsup:

xxx

Well, I'm 29 and also think I'm normal!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby and here arrived in Sydney a week ago...and are currently frantically job and house hunting...but will be working and living in the city. We seem to have a similar list of interests...including Singstar when drunk (yey!)...

Definately up for being brave and meeting up with random strangers off the t'internet!!!

Drop me a line and we can make some plans!

Helen :)

salspad Jan 12th 2009 9:03 pm

Hey,

I too have not long been in Sydney from London. I live in Balmain so close to the city and would love to meet up for food, coffee, movies and even the girlie boogie night out, as I do miss that with my friends back home.

Sali

helsbells79 Jan 12th 2009 9:05 pm

Ohhh, that would be great....we are house hunting in Balmain...love it round there...

H x

Fleurs Jan 12th 2009 9:11 pm

Hey girls, great to hear that you are keen to meet up - hoorah (and I only live a 5 mins drive from Balmain). I'm excited already! When shall we plan for?

xx

salspad Jan 12th 2009 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fleurs (Post 7158717)
Hey girls, great to hear that you are keen to meet up - hoorah (and I only live a 5 mins drive from Balmain). I'm excited already! When shall we plan for?

xx

I am free most evenings as I haven't found any clases that interset me yet.

Away for Australia Day weekend though.

So pick a day

Sali

helsbells79 Jan 12th 2009 9:16 pm

Well, it's pretty easy to find people in a similar position to yourself!

I currently don't have a job...so am pretty flexible....

If you guys are both working, do you want to make it drinks one evening this week?

Or could do something in the afternoon at the weekend maybe??

H x

helsbells79 Jan 12th 2009 9:18 pm

How about early friday evening??

Somewhere in Balmain?

Drinks and a bite to eat?

:)

salspad Jan 12th 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by helsbells79 (Post 7158755)
How about early friday evening??

Somewhere in Balmain?

Drinks and a bite to eat?

:)

Friday is good for me

There is a nice italian called Marina Lunga opposite the Town Hall in Balmain, or a nice Thai close by.

How does that sound?

Sali

pompeyblonde Jan 12th 2009 9:54 pm

Can't make it at present....but once Im over in Sydney count me in!:thumbup:

Fleurs Jan 13th 2009 7:40 am

I can make Friday so that sounds fab. I'll PM you and we can work out the details.

Any other ladies who would like to join us too just give us a shout.

So how will we know who's who? Shall we all carry red roses :D

Rockchick80 Jan 13th 2009 9:17 am

Hi there,

I live in the inner west too - Glebe so very convenient! I'm also in a similar position whereby I miss my friends in the UK and am keen on the prospect of meeting new people who are like-minded! I share all of the interests so far of the group except I need a good few drinks before I'm up on the singstar/kareoke!

I can make Friday evening - <snip> If somebody can let me know what time to meet etc. I hope to see you soon!