Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gift for sponsor

Gift for sponsor

Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:04 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gift for sponsor

Hiya,
All those already in Oz could you help me out and give me some ideas for a gift for our aunt and uncle who have sponsored us and are going to put us up till we find somewhere to live. I was thinking of getting something from Betty's as we live in Harrogate but I'm not sure whether taking food items is allowed. Any other ideas? Melx
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:41 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gift for sponsor

Originally Posted by meljor
Hiya,
All those already in Oz could you help me out and give me some ideas for a gift for our aunt and uncle who have sponsored us and are going to put us up till we find somewhere to live. I was thinking of getting something from Betty's as we live in Harrogate but I'm not sure whether taking food items is allowed. Any other ideas? Melx
How about a good bottle of Scotch there pretty expensive here for the really good stuff.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:48 pm
Zan
Forum Regular

Zan will become famous soon enoughZan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by meljor
Hiya,
French champagne is also more expensive there. Most of the food gift item packs can be taken in - just make sure it's sealed stuff, and no meat or anything like that (tea's, spices, tins of things etc I think are all fine). (if I'm wrong please correct me, just I remember taking in one of these gift packs and being told it was fine).
Zan
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:15 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Good ideas some thing for both of them and then a nice strong cup of Betty's tea to get them over their hangovers the next day Melx