Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gift Baskets Perth to North East, Help please

Gift Baskets Perth to North East, Help please

Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:33 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice
Default Gift Baskets Perth to North East, Help please

We are wanting to send a gift basket back to the North East for a relatives special birthday. Has anyone tried this, and/or has recommendations?

Thanks
Pauline

ps, my first ever thread, will be so excited if anyone replies
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gift Baskets Perth to North East, Help please

Originally Posted by Pet
We are wanting to send a gift basket back to the North East for a relatives special birthday. Has anyone tried this, and/or has recommendations?

Thanks
Pauline

Hi

I send wine to my relatives every year and use myers, dont know if this is what you were after but have a look http://www.myer.com.au/hampers/hampe...p=1&country=UK
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:46 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

I send wine to my relatives every year and use myers, dont know if this is what you were after but have a look http://www.myer.com.au/hampers/hampe...p=1&country=UK
Cheers, thanks Kimi I will check it out. Didn't know if it was better to use Oz or Uk company. I might also check out M&S online and see if they do anything.

Pauline
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pet
Cheers, thanks Kimi I will check it out. Didn't know if it was better to use Oz or Uk company. I might also check out M&S online and see if they do anything.

Pauline
Hi

I thought about using M & S a little while ago, never got round to trying it out. Let me know how you get on, might give them a try this year
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:55 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

I still use Tesco.com to send flowers and stuff

#

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

I thought about using M & S a little while ago, never got round to trying it out. Let me know how you get on, might give them a try this year
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:00 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dawn
I still use Tesco.com to send flowers and stuff

#
Thanks Dawn, another one I will have a look at. It is for a male turning 80 so we didnt want to send flowers, we were thinking along the lines of chockies, nuts and that kind of thing, maybe check out if they can also include Gotta think of the man and what he enjoys eh
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:15 am
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Gift Baskets Perth to North East, Help please

Originally Posted by Pet

Thanks
Pauline

perhaps not quite so relevant to you as you are in Perth,

but for others in the Uk, I have used milleniumflorist.au

This is a florist in Perth who also does gift baskets, with a

very good website and you do it all on-line from the UK.

This of course means that you are paying in GB£ for goods

priced in au$ and with the exchange rate being so good

you get a very much better deal than if you used, for

example interflora, who at the end of the day are just

agents, who you would be paying in GB£`s.

I have used them over several years now and the quality of

flowers (and quantity) and service has been with-out fault
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pet

Thanks
Pauline

I always use M&S, have sent hampers before for christmas and B' days, and they have great selection which meant both sets of parents recieved hampers appropriate to what they would want, If you spend a certain amount then you wont pay delivery charge. You can also type your message which is printed onto nice card and have a choice of delivery dates.

Di
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harveyhare
I always use M&S, have sent hampers before for christmas and B' days, and they have great selection which meant both sets of parents recieved hampers appropriate to what they would want, If you spend a certain amount then you wont pay delivery charge. You can also type your message which is printed onto nice card and have a choice of delivery dates.

Di
Hi

Yes I have been looking at their site, and will definately be using them from now on - forget Myers!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pet

Thanks
Pauline

Hiya Pauline,
Hope you are well? Have just seen this and thought I would mention Thorntons. They do an online service and I have just checked to see if you can order in Australia for delivery to the UK and they said its fine.
There you go then - another option. Hope it helps.

Chat to you soon.
Lynne x
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:47 pm
Ready to Jaunt

Starcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I regularly use Argos who have a fab website and usually delivery is within 2 days. I can usually find something to suit everyone. No complaints to date and if the recipient doesn't like it they can return it and get what they want. Also use Boots, especially now the Christmas gift packs are in stock. Once you register your e-mail address, you usually get discount coupons to use at the 'check-out'.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:45 pm
Pet
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mick69
Hiya Pauline,
Hope you are well? Have just seen this and thought I would mention Thorntons. They do an online service and I have just checked to see if you can order in Australia for delivery to the UK and they said its fine.
There you go then - another option. Hope it helps.

Chat to you soon.
Lynne x
Hi Lynne, thanks to you and everyone for all your great ideas.

Lynne looking forward to catching up with you once you are here in Perth,

Pauline xx