Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GHD Straightners

GHD Straightners

Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:28 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of
Talking GHD Straightners

Silly question I know, but I have GHD straightners which I cannot live without, and also paid a lot of money for them.
Does anyone know if they will work in Oz?

Thanks for any advice.

Lisa x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:40 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GHD Straightners

Originally Posted by Betty Boop
Silly question I know, but I have GHD straightners which I cannot live without, and also paid a lot of money for them.

Thanks for any advice.

Lisa x
Same voltage, all that is needed is different plug/travel adapter
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:48 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Same voltage, all that is needed is different plug/travel adapter
Excellent! Thanks very much
Lisa x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:49 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any advice.

Lisa x
It's not a silly question at all as I can't live without mine either

They work fine
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:52 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Originally Posted by The A Team
It's not a silly question at all as I can't live without mine either

They work fine
Sooo glad to hear that! Thanks very much
Can't face the thought of loads of frizz when out there!! :scared:

Lisa x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, they are v. expensive to buy over here - more than uk
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:15 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had to buy a new pair here as my old ones blew up - they were $300. Tried to buy them online from the Uk for 65 pounds (haven't found the pound sign yet on my keyboard) but they wouldn't send them to Aus!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Just had to buy a new pair here as my old ones blew up
Hey, snap
My hairdresser offered to send mine away to be repaired but hubby is confident he can repair them :scared: once our container arrives. I've bought a cheap pair to make do in the meantime - they are rubbish compared to the GHD ones
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

GHD hair straighteners cannot live without them.I shall defiantly be taking mine then.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:53 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to buy a new pair here as my old ones blew up - they were $300. Tried to buy them online from the Uk for 65 pounds (haven't found the pound sign yet on my keyboard) but they wouldn't send them to Aus!
We own a hair salon and are stockists of ghd straighteners. If you found some online for £65 it is highly likely they were not the genuine article as that's cheaper than we can buy them in for. Ghd send return bags to all their approved stockists for any straighteners that are faulty. The genuine straighteners are dated and if they should blow up within 1 year will either be repaired or replaced by ghd free of charge. Even if over 1 year they will try their best to repair them and this usually costs around £20.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:20 am
Boop Boop De Doop

We own a hair salon and are stockists of ghd straighteners. If you found some online for £65 it is highly likely they were not the genuine article as that's cheaper than we can buy them in for. Ghd send return bags to all their approved stockists for any straighteners that are faulty. The genuine straighteners are dated and if they should blow up within 1 year will either be repaired or replaced by ghd free of charge. Even if over 1 year they will try their best to repair them and this usually costs around £20.
I agree,I searched everywhere before I bought mine and certainly couldn't find any under £100 ( large size though). The new ones also have the hollogram on don't they?
Hopefully they should last me a while
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:28 am
cheeky tart

I agree,I searched everywhere before I bought mine and certainly couldn't find any under £100 ( large size though). The new ones also have the hollogram on don't they?
Hopefully they should last me a while
The new ones do have a hologram now but I believe so do some of the fakes
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I bought my wide plate GHD on Ebay for $225. The normal size plate ones were selling for less than that. It included postage from the UK and an adaptor. Only problem is if it breaks then I would have to send it to the UK for the warranty. It seems genuine, dated and hologrammed.

I'm ashamed to say that I've had it for 4 months now and still haven't used it yet!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:24 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I had had mine since 2000 - about the time when they first came out so definitely not covered by warranty!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:13 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

I had had mine since 2000 - about the time when they first came out so definitely not covered by warranty!
Where would we be without them eh?
I have tried loads and none measure up to GDH.
Mind you I do also have a regular semi-permanent straightning treatment put on my hair twice yearly.
Does anyone know if they do this in Oz?

Lisa x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.