Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting the Wobbles?

Getting the Wobbles?

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Getting the Wobbles?

Interesting quote from Steve Jobs (Apple Computer CEO), for those seeking inspiration or having doubts as to whether the big move to Oz is too big a move

"For the past 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself 'if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?'. And whenever the answer has been NO for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Remembering mortality is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose"

I'm not suggesting that philosphical mantras will make the migration process any easier, but the above statement may strike a chord.

Cheers

BD
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:15 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the Wobbles?

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Interesting quote from Steve Jobs (Apple Computer CEO), for those seeking inspiration or having doubts as to whether the big move to Oz is too big a move

"For the past 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself 'if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?'. And whenever the answer has been NO for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Remembering mortality is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose"

I'm not suggesting that philosphical mantras will make the migration process any easier, but the above statement may strike a chord.

Cheers

BD
Reading between the lines it seems as Steve is gutted about 'breaking friends' with Mr Gates

It is a good mantra though.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Getting the Wobbles?

Originally Posted by wargod
Reading between the lines it seems as Steve is gutted about 'breaking friends' with Mr Gates

It is a good mantra though.
I think it's more to do with his brush with death due to testicular cancer, though I'm sure young William has caused him considerably more angst over the years.