Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting the visas stamped in

Getting the visas stamped in

Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Getting the visas stamped in

Got the Email from my agent last Wednesday saying we have got the visas. Received the official letter today as he had to post it from Aus. It took 1 week to arrive standard post.

Hopefully we will go up to Aus house this week or we might post the passports off.

Has anyone posted them off ?What security measures did you take? I am worried about the 5 of them going missing!

Thanks again
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:03 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Getting the visas stamped in

Originally posted by tinaj
Got the Email from my agent last Wednesday saying we have got the visas. Received the official letter today as he had to post it from Aus. It took 1 week to arrive standard post.

Hopefully we will go up to Aus house this week or we might post the passports off.

Has anyone posted them off ?What security measures did you take? I am worried about the 5 of them going missing!

Thanks again
Hi

I have posted my passports to Australia house. I sent them special delivery (guaranteed next day delivery and insured for £250). I will let you know in a week or so whether I get them back ok!

Mel
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

We posted out two passports off to london, took just over a week. I think we posted them special delivery and calculated the postage for the return bubble envelope with the two passports in so they could be returned to us special delivery too. Speak to someone at the postoffice they will help you out. It saved the queueing and most importantly a trip to London (yuk) - sorry Londoners.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about trying to avoid the stress of going to London, but its worth it if you get the chance just for the thrill of standing in Australia House holding your passport and looking at the visa in it!
I know, its very sad, but I do get excited about things like that!!!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting the visas stamped in

Hi we posted our passports special delivery on tuesday may 27th ( guaranteed to be delivered by 12 noon next day ) we had them back special delivery ( which we paid for ) 4 days later, saturday. No problems at all.

Liz and Mark
Bisbane October
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

we posted ours (5 of them) special delivery. I put them in a bubble wrap bag and enclosed a pre-labled a bubble wrap bag for their return. Lady in post office was really helpful and put correct lables etc on both envelopes then she sealed them for me. Posted passports on a thursday & received them back the following tuesday.

wendy