Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting visa under manager job discription?

getting visa under manager job discription?

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 10:36 am
Just Joined

rx300 is on a distinguished road
Default getting visa under manager job discription?

Hi there i have a question my self and husband and children r considering the move to oz .
Looked into seeing if we have enough points and have come across a situation if we put in our occupation as insurance we dont have enough points,but if we list my husband under manager as he is MD of company and me as company sec we have enough points.
BUT have been told that the chances of being accepted under the manger job description is very remote as it has a 70% rejection.
Was just wondering if anyone had any advice ?
or if anyone had gained visa this way?

Thank you
Michelle
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:03 am
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice
Default Re: getting visa under manager job discription?

Hi - we had that problem - I am a senior manager for the environment, but was advised against.

My hubby is a joiner so we have gone down that route.

My advice would be to - have one of those free assessments with a migration agent - they will know the best visa to apply for - it worked for us.
a
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Need 2 Move
Hi - we had that problem - I am a senior manager for the environment, but was advised against.

My hubby is a joiner so we have gone down that route.

My advice would be to - have one of those free assessments with a migration agent - they will know the best visa to apply for - it worked for us.
a
hubby also told by engineers Aus that he should go to the managers one but advised by agent to go with his original training as dockyard fitter, it has worked for us so far fingers crossed
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 12:28 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rx300
Hi there i have a question my self and husband and children r considering the move to oz .
Looked into seeing if we have enough points and have come across a situation if we put in our occupation as insurance we dont have enough points,but if we list my husband under manager as he is MD of company and me as company sec we have enough points.
BUT have been told that the chances of being accepted under the manger job description is very remote as it has a 70% rejection.
Was just wondering if anyone had any advice ?
or if anyone had gained visa this way?

Thank you
Michelle
My visa was 136skilled under Manager/CEO and I made application to AIM but used an independent consultant to prepare a report on the company and my role. AIM do make the critera very clear as to what you need and its tough but if you have the experience and the company your husband is a director of is sizeable enough then its very possible.

If you want to privately message me with any specific questions please feel free.