Getting a Visa - The Process and Timescales

Wikiposts

Getting a Visa - The Process and Timescales

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Getting a Visa - The Process and Timescales

Hi

thought it might be useful to many of us to collate info on the what to expect next in the getting to Australia process for the various scenarios.... After reading this if anyone is further on than me I would be really grateful for anything you can tell me about what to expect next ....

Also is the visa just a letter to present to customs when you arrive ?

Independant Skilled Migration (self service wihtout the aid of an immigration agent)

1. January 2002
- decide to try, seach DIMA website for information and contact Australian Computer Society to have qualifications, work expericence certified

2. May 2002
- contact Australian Trades to have hubby's work experience certified (change in points allocations meant I no longer had enough on my own)

3. August 2002
- lodge application for skilled migration permanent residancy visa

4. May 2003
- amend application (further change in points) to request bonus points for capital investment

5. June 2003
- yellow envelope arrives, requested to proceed with medicals, chest X-rays and police checks

6. August 2003
- requested to lodge funds for capital investment

7. ???
- receive Visa and go
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:23 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting a Visa - The Process and Timescales

Originally posted by FiFi
Hi

thought it might be useful to many of us to collate info on the what to expect next in the getting to Australia process for the various scenarios.... After reading this if anyone is further on than me I would be really grateful for anything you can tell me about what to expect next ....

Independant Skilled Migration (self service wihtout the aid of an immigration agent)

1. January 2002
- decide to try, seach DIMA website for information and contact Australian Computer Society to have qualifications, work expericence certified

2. May 2002
- contact Australian Trades to have hubby's work experience certified (change in points allocations meant I no longer had enough on my own)

3. August 2002
- lodge application for skilled migration permanent residancy visa

4. May 2003
- amend application (further change in points) to request bonus points for capital investment

5. June 2003
- yellow envelope arrives, requested to proceed with medicals, chest X-rays and police checks

6. August 2003
- requested to lodge funds for capital investment

7. ???
- receive Visa and go
Hi FiFi,

It has taken us about a year in all, from the time we lodged the TRA untill we got the visa confirmation letter, which you then have to send off along with your passports, to Australia House, London.

Suz
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:38 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

7. Receive letter stating visa's granted.

8. Go and get your visa's from Aus house or do it by post.

9. Have a piss up.

10. Bugger off.

Ten steps to heaven ???
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our time scale is a little shorter:

April - decided to emigrate

May - got skills assessment back

July - sent application in (fronyt loaded with PCC and medicals)

Now - waiting somewhat impatiently

Claire
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming all the visas have the same format as Pros Spouse - mine is an orange and white sticker in my passport, which I have to keep looking at to make sure its still real. You also get a letter outling the conditions of the visa, and dates and stuff.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome......see from your date of registration that you are a newcomer to the madhouse !
You may not have seen this site either

http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp