Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting the visa in the passport from London

Getting the visa in the passport from London

Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:41 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting the visa in the passport from London

My new passport finally came back yesterday.

I need to send four passport's to London for the visa's. Getting a bit jittering now at final stage of using Royal Mail, so what did anyone else use?

Plus, save me searching for other threads, do I need to send old passport (the one Adelaide has a copy of) too?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 9:38 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Getting the visa in the passport from London

Originally posted by diddy

I need to send four passport's to London for the visa's. Getting a bit jittering now at final stage of using Royal Mail, so what did anyone else use?

Plus, save me searching for other threads, do I need to send old passport (the one Adelaide has a copy of) too?

Ta,

Paul.

I used Royal Mail, no probs.

I didnt send my old passport back in (they have a certified copy of my old p/port, visa is in my new one).

Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:26 am
Go Banana's !!

Ta,

Paul.
Hi Paul,

I used Royal Mail Signed For next day service before 12pm. I went to the local post office and ensured that the envelope I used was well taped up at the ends.

I then checked on the net with their tracking service the next day from about 10am onwards and finally saw that they were delivered ok. We had a bit of a scare intially as it was Anzac Day and thus they weren't working as Australia House. However, they were delivered the next day no probs.I have used this service for most important documents and haven't been let down yet - but I know others have.

Good luck

Warren

Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:27 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we used special delivery,we also put another stamped envelope inside for them to return that was special delivery.it cost a couple of pounds more but it was worth it for the piece of mind.just tell them in the post office what its for and they sort it all out.good luck jonni boy
Old Jul 31st 2004, 2:16 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jonni boy
we used special delivery,we also put another stamped envelope inside for them to return that was special delivery.it cost a couple of pounds more but it was worth it for the piece of mind.just tell them in the post office what its for and they sort it all out.good luck jonni boy
Sounds like a good idea!
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:21 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:37 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta,

Paul.
Hi Paul,
To send our 4 passports by special delivery cost us about 8 quid, i was told by the post office that being valuable documents ( and 4 of them)they wouldn't be insured, as we didn't want to risk it we paid up. And they said Dick Turpin was dead .Still ,we got them back the next day. All safe.

Arron.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:43 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally posted by Arron
Hi Paul,
To send our 4 passports by special delivery cost us about 8 quid, i was told by the post office that being valuable documents ( and 4 of them)they wouldn't be insured, as we didn't want to risk it we paid up. And they said Dick Turpin was dead .Still ,we got them back the next day. All safe.

Arron.

Thanks Arron.

Gotta ask, how come Adelaide and how come 30th Dec?

Paul.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hi
We also used Royal Mail
no problems
Susan
Very exciting to actually see the visa in there
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:05 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Yeah I can't wait. I'll probably just sit and stare at it for a few hours - been a long time coming.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:07 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Arron.

Gotta ask, how come Adelaide and how come 30th Dec?

Paul.
Hi Paul,
Well, we can't leave before end of October as it is MIL's 80th birthday, and as thats getting near christmas, thought we'd have our last one hear for our kids, so to land on New Years Day, New Year New Life sounded a good idea.
We chose Adelaide as the wife has rellies there.
But it's been a killer, having that visa in the passport and still being stuck here

Arron

Last edited by Arron; Jul 31st 2004 at 8:12 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:10 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Sent ours off this week by special delivery - £4 to Australia House with SAE (another £4) inside. After reading all the posts about Royal Mail I am now slightly nervous of when I will see the passports back!

Chris
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:26 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally posted by Arron
Hi Paul,
Well, we can't leave before end of October as it is MIL's 80th birthday, and as thats getting near christmas, thought we'd have our last one hear for our kids, so to land on New Years Day, New Year New Life sounded a good idea.
We chose Adelaide as the wife has rellies there.
But it's been a killer, having that visa in the passport and still being stuck here

Arron

Yeah, know what you mean. We're not going till December. My partner wants to do a few things here before we leave, although I'd go tomorrow.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:45 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Ta,

Paul.
I actually took the passports in myself, and had the visa's stuck in there and then...

I couldn't be sure if they still do this now though.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by chippy
I actually took the passports in myself, and had the visa's stuck in there and then...

I couldn't be sure if they still do this now though.

I think they stopped it in Nov last year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.