Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting visa after TRA

Getting visa after TRA

Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all
Default Getting visa after TRA

can anyone tell me how hard it is to get TRA if you dont have any qualifications, have been hands on for 10 years and learned the skill through work experience and always worked for an employer, if you get i, do DIMIA require any more proof like tax stuff or wage slips.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting visa after TRA

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
can anyone tell me how hard it is to get TRA if you dont have any qualifications, have been hands on for 10 years and learned the skill through work experience and always worked for an employer, if you get i, do DIMIA require any more proof like tax stuff or wage slips.
You don't mention it, but i take you served no formal apprenticship?
The more paperwork you have to prove what you have done i.e. employer letters, details of work undertaken with photo's, etc etc.
You don't always need qualifications, experience counts also. Yeah qualifications help with TRA but as long as you can prove your skills by other means you can still apply. There may be a possibility that you will need to undertake some kinda skills test.
Best thing is getas much info together as possible.
What trade are you?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simpy
You don't mention it, but i take you served no formal apprenticship?
The more paperwork you have to prove what you have done i.e. employer letters, details of work undertaken with photo's, etc etc.
You don't always need qualifications, experience counts also. Yeah qualifications help with TRA but as long as you can prove your skills by other means you can still apply. There may be a possibility that you will need to undertake some kinda skills test.
Best thing is getas much info together as possible.
What trade are you?

hi i have my TRA it came through on tue but a mate of mine who is also a brickie is thinking of going to aus as well and doesnt have any qualifications .
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
hi i have my TRA it came through on tue but a mate of mine who is also a brickie is thinking of going to aus as well and doesnt have any qualifications .
As long as he can prove his trade by written statements and detailed jobs he should be ok