Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting to Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Getting to Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Old May 30th 2006, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting to Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Hi
I have 2 tickets to see Robbie Williams in December and I am wondering how to get to the venue?

We will be living on the Sunshine Coast (Buderim or Mountain Creek)

Should we:
Drive in and find somewhere to park?
Drive to our nearest train station and come in on the train?
Is there a park and ride on the outskirts of Brissie?
Hire a helicopter and fly in (just kidding of course)

Any ideas anyone?
Old May 30th 2006, 4:10 pm
uk -> brisvegas

OGRADYA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting to Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

I would definitely recommend the train. The station is right by the stadium, takes abut 5 minutes from Central or Roma St, and you will have no hassles with finding a park. Plus you can have a drink withut worrying about driving.

Cheers
Alicia
Old May 30th 2006, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

we are going to caloundra sept oct. you would be better off driving to caboolture then train from there takes about 1hr 15 mins good luck with everything
raven
Old May 30th 2006, 5:02 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi
I have 2 tickets to see Robbie Williams in December and I am wondering how to get to the venue?

Should we:

Any ideas anyone?
Definately recommend the train as you would have to park beyond the train station and walk down Milton Road anyway and the traffic wardens (or the Oz equivalent) are red hot on event days about parking.

Loz x
Old May 30th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Should we:

Any ideas anyone?
Swim it mate. If the sharks get you it'll be less painful than sitting through Robbie's cabaret act (JOKE LADIES)

(sorry, but I and many of my friends still remember him from his school days around here. you could say we know him quite well ;-)

Credit where credit's due though. He's done very well for himself and has admiringly pumped a lot of money into the local footie team

Enjoy the gig!

BD
Old May 30th 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of your replies

So for the train which train station would I go from? I think the line runs up the Sunshine Coast somewhere but I'm not sure where.

Also, is the train safe to travel on late at night (when we are going home)?
Old May 30th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also I have just found this on the Suncorp website

"Your Suncorp Stadium event ticket entitles you to travel free, to and from matches, on the QR Citytrain rail and Brisbane Transport bus networks. Simply present your event admission ticket for verification to rail and bus staff as you board their services. Remember, no event ticket no free travel. This free travel offer applies from 9am to the last scheduled service on game day, and excludes QR Trainlink services."

Is this just for the footie (or whatever they play there) or for all events?
Old May 30th 2006, 8:54 pm
uk -> brisvegas

OGRADYA is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out www.citytrain.com.au for timetables and fares. Caboolture - Milton takes about an hour and a half, and there are trains until late in the evening. (Landsborough might be a closer train station for you, depends exactly where you are going to be, but going from Caboolture you have a better chance of getting a fast service... I think)

Can't vouch for it now, but I used to travel on the trains late at night (single female) and never had a problem.

Alicia
Old May 30th 2006, 10:19 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

you can use www.translink.com.au and it will plan a route for you. The nearest train station to Suncorp is Milton or Roma Street. I'm lucky i live exactly a 2 minute walk from the stadium!
Old May 31st 2006, 12:18 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Also I have just found this on the Suncorp website

"Your Suncorp Stadium event ticket entitles you to travel free, to and from matches, on the QR Citytrain rail and Brisbane Transport bus networks. Simply present your event admission ticket for verification to rail and bus staff as you board their services. Remember, no event ticket no free travel. This free travel offer applies from 9am to the last scheduled service on game day, and excludes QR Trainlink services."

Is this just for the footie (or whatever they play there) or for all events?
its great isnt it - for all events they'll give you free train and bus transport included in your ticket! i dont remember booking tickets for wembley and someone giving me that! :scared:
Old May 31st 2006, 2:53 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Be careful if you park by the stadium. During an event most areas around Lang Park are P15min.