Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting Started at Long Last

Wikiposts

Getting Started at Long Last

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about
Default Getting Started at Long Last

Hi All,

Can anyone give me advise on what exactly I should send to the T.R.A. I have my qualifications in Carpentry (NVQ advanced art and crafts and also Institute of Carpenters).

what else should I send to them?

any and all info welcome as I want to make sure I get it right first time.

please feel free to PM or email me with any help and or advise

Cheers

Gary
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ge

Go through the form step by step and see what it asks you for. Then gather all the information relevant to that point, then get some more.

Work through it step by step, you can't give them too much info. Good luck
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Getting Started at Long Last

Yeah would second that, I didnt go through TRA but I had to get all my IT stuff qualified by the ACS so same kinda deal I guess. Just dont assume anything, rather overload them with information than not enough (as you dont want to have to resubmit).

Also found it useful to index everything put it in a file etc etc as it makes their life easier, possibly makes it easier/quicker to process and helps you clarify that you havent missed anything.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:33 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by originalfunster
Hi All,

Can anyone give me advise on what exactly I should send to the T.R.A. I have my qualifications in Carpentry (NVQ advanced art and crafts and also Institute of Carpenters).

what else should I send to them?

any and all info welcome as I want to make sure I get it right first time.

please feel free to PM or email me with any help and or advise

Cheers

Gary
Yeah go mad get refrences from collages, employers, suppliers , customers
tell them what your day to day duties are like your talking to some one who needs to know all about your trade and knows nothing. Yes follow the TRA guide, less is more does not work with the TRA the more info the better.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:44 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Yeah go mad get refrences from collages, employers, suppliers , customers
tell them what your day to day duties are like your talking to some one who needs to know all about your trade and knows nothing. Yes follow the TRA guide, less is more does not work with the TRA the more info the better.

Basicaly put together an idiots guide to carpentry step by step joins , how to use tools ect
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about

thanks for that, anyone know what to do if past companys have stopped trading?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:34 am

thanks for that, anyone know what to do if past companys have stopped trading?
You will have to do a statutory declaration explaning this and get your solicitor to sign it while you swear on a bible its easy.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:42 am

http://workplace.gov.au/WP/Content/F...ion%20Pack.pdf

print this off and read it back to front then send it off when you have all your evidence together and filled it in. It seems daunting at first but when you start getting it all together its quite easy realy.
You will need two copys of all your certificates and stat decs etc as you will need the second lot for your main application.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

As has been said get as much info as possible, from what tools you used to how you used them. Go into as much detail as you can. If some of your old employers are no longer available then you will need to write a sworn statement to say that you worked there and from when you started to when you finished and what you did when you were there, then take it to a solictior to have it sworn on. good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Has anyone else heard that the points maybe dropping back down to 115 as from April?

If this does happen I can go Skilled Independent route, is this better than STNI?

how long is it taking the TRA to accept?
I turn 40 in september and its my understanding that as long as I have started my application then the age is frozen, is this correct and do they include the TRA as getiing started or is it once you apply for Visa?

cheers

Gary
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Has anyone else heard that the points maybe dropping back down to 115 as from April?

If this does happen I can go Skilled Independent route, is this better than STNI?

how long is it taking the TRA to accept?
I turn 40 in september and its my understanding that as long as I have started my application then the age is frozen, is this correct and do they include the TRA as getiing started or is it once you apply for Visa?

cheers

Gary

Once you apply for visa