Reload this Page >

Getting a second WHV

Getting a second WHV

Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

gibbo1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a second WHV

Hi everyone,
Planning to go to oz in a few months does anyone know where i can find work online?, i am an electrician and looking to find some work before i arrive in oz. I am going via the working holiday visa and had planned to go to Perth but have recently found out that if i wan to apply for a second working holiday visa there are certain postcode areas i need to work in to be eligible for it.
If anyone out there has any info it woulb greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:03 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Originally Posted by gibbo1983
Hi everyone,
Planning to go to oz in a few months does anyone know where i can find work online?, i am an electrician and looking to find some work before i arrive in oz. I am going via the working holiday visa and had planned to go to Perth but have recently found out that if i wan to apply for a second working holiday visa there are certain postcode areas i need to work in to be eligible for it.
Have you tried seek or hays (both Australian sites) good luck
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting a second WHV

Hi everyone,
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Try looking there as well if you haven't already done so. It's a board just for Sparkies.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:53 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
I think you only need to work for 3 months in a regional location to qualify for the 2nd WHV.

The work you do also must be in certain sectors - not sure if electrician will count, so you might have to do something else:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...ified-work.htm
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a sparkie, but there are plenty of posts on here from sparkies and a lot complain that they are not allowed to work here as a sparkie without doing further qualifacations even though they have got pr visas and done a skills assesment.

To get a second WHV, you do have to complete a period of time in regional work. This usually means things like farm work or if you are VERY lucky in mining. Though it is very hard for someone to get a job on a mine with a WHV