getting scary now

getting scary now

Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough
Default getting scary now

ok, quick progress report.
I have been off work this week to clean-up the house and do a ton of work on it, in preperation for it going on the market once ann-maries visa gets approved ( fingers crossed ).

So, this week we had a skip delivered and work commenced with our little clean-up operation which we aptly called " operation clean-up" .

Then, on wednesday we had our house valued, just so we had an idea of the finances available upon completion.

We had previously been working on figures in the region of 60k ( probable ) - 70k ( best).(Last april it was valued at 55-60k)

She says ( the valuer ) " don't do another thing to the house and we'll put it on the market at offers over 80k. "

" ok " we reply.

That was wednesday afternoon.
Last night ( friday ) we had had 3 viewings and another 5 booked.
Today, two more have been and one couple (child on the way and desperate to move quickly )" unoficially " offered us 85k.

Untill the estate agent phones to tell us an offer has been made then nothing is certain but they left hear saying they were going to put in the offer.

However, they can't phone us right now because some muppet ( myself ) is tying up the phone line .
So, i'm off now in eager anticipation.

3 days from going on the market with no photo or for sale sign ( still no sign and i want a refund for that lol ) it could be sold.

anyone else experiencing a rediculous housing market ?

we were expecting maybe two or three viewings a week for about 4 months before recieving an acceptable offer giving us time to sort out what we want to keep / give away / burn etc etc but now could be rather busy.

Paul
Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:59 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: getting scary now

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
ok, quick progress report.
I have been off work this week to clean-up the house and do a ton of work on it, in preperation for it going on the market once ann-maries visa gets approved ( fingers crossed ).

So, this week we had a skip delivered and work commenced with our little clean-up operation which we aptly called " operation clean-up" .

Then, on wednesday we had our house valued, just so we had an idea of the finances available upon completion.

We had previously been working on figures in the region of 60k ( probable ) - 70k ( best).(Last april it was valued at 55-60k)

She says ( the valuer ) " don't do another thing to the house and we'll put it on the market at offers over 80k. "

" ok " we reply.

That was wednesday afternoon.
Last night ( friday ) we had had 3 viewings and another 5 booked.
Today, two more have been and one couple (child on the way and desperate to move quickly )" unoficially " offered us 85k.

Untill the estate agent phones to tell us an offer has been made then nothing is certain but they left hear saying they were going to put in the offer.

However, they can't phone us right now because some muppet ( myself ) is tying up the phone line .
So, i'm off now in eager anticipation.

3 days from going on the market with no photo or for sale sign ( still no sign and i want a refund for that lol ) it could be sold.

anyone else experiencing a rediculous housing market ?

we were expecting maybe two or three viewings a week for about 4 months before recieving an acceptable offer giving us time to sort out what we want to keep / give away / burn etc etc but now could be rather busy.

Paul
Sounds great guys, it looks like its going to work out well.

Good luck

Warren
Perth Sept 2004 ........definately on !!

Old Mar 13th 2004, 1:19 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news.....the way it should be "quick and easy"

My sale was a nightmare!

all the best plum
Old Mar 13th 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We instructed the estate agents on monday of this week, the for sale board went up on tuesday, we had 2 viewers on thursday and an offer of the asking price from one of those viewers on friday.

Basically, we've sold our house in 4 days. OMG!!!

First time buyers, so no chain. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!